barrel threaded 5/4-28
6.5 PRC 24"

scope:
first focal plane
~ 3-15 magnification range
44 + mm objective
prefer MOA-based
30mm tube

from my non-extensive search, seems Christensen Ridgeline is one of the few, if not the only, option
i have a nf nx8 2.5-20 but wouldn't mind something a little lighter.

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
That's about the whole shebang in a non-custom rifle right now I'd think. Supposedly the Savage lightweight with Proof barrel will be made in southpaw configuration at some point soon.

You could start with a Tikka in a magnum cartridge and do an OMR upgrade package to that specification. Disclaimer: I have no experience or relationship with that company nor their services.

OP
davsco

davsco

WKR
ok, for those that mentioned buying a tikka (t3x lite) and swapping out barrel and stock...

what caliber(s) would i have to buy the tikka in for it to work with a proof or similar prefit carbon barrel in 6.5 prc? is there any bolt work, magazine work or anything else needed? i think mesa precision makes their altitude stock to fit a tikka with a proof barrel, so swapping the barrel and dropping in their stock should work? any caveats? thanks!

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
A magnum bolt face is needed, so a 7MM Rem Mag or .300 Win mag should work I would think.

As long as it is .532" bolt face, which fishdart's example are, it is right for the 6.5 PRC. Some magnums like the WSM's are a little larger (.534") which may or may not be an issue.

If you go this route, you'll just want to line up a gunsmith to swap the barrels on your action, and have them inspect how the 'drop in' stock mates up and maybe give it some bedding work. Even though the Altitude stock is a 'drop in' stock in theory, the slightest mismatch can wreak havoc on accuracy.

Last edited: