YETI Loadout Bucket and Lowlands blanket. Semi-Live review

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeti is beginning to branch out from their insulated coolers with some non insulated bags, buckets and other things like tarp-blankets. A couple of months ago I got my hands on the new Loadout Bucket and Lowlands blanket from Yeti. I've been using their coolers for years with great luck and we were pretty excited to try these new items.

Loadout Bucket
So what would you use the Loadout bucket for? Well, anything a bucket can be used for. The Loadout is food safe for marinating a whole turkey and is built like a tank to handle really anything you want it to do. But why not just use a regular 5 gallon bucket? Living on a ranch, we have a ton of buckets around for a lot of different things. And almost every one of them is broken, they just don't hold up. I like to tell people to think of the Loadout less as a bucket and more as a tool box in the shape of a bucket. We kitted ours out with the internal organizer insert, gear belt and the watertight lid. We run a guide business in Nebraska so we are out hanging stands or running trail cameras most months out of the year. The Loadout is where we put all of our ratchet straps, trail cameras, batteries, SD cards, bow hangers, tree steps, tree saw, reflective tape, safety harness and really whatever else you can think of. This keeps everything we need in one container so we can grab it and go. The bucket shape doesn't take up much room in the back of the side-by-side which is also a big plus, compared to the cheaper gear box we used to use. Then when we arrive to a stand just grab the bucket and we have all we need right at the tree. The non slip grip on the bottom has been great for keeping the bucket in place in the bed of my pickup or the side-by-side. The waterproof lid has been great as well for keeping moisture out of the bucket. We often leave the bucket in the back of our vehicle and don't have to mess with straps after they have been wet and gunked up. As I continue to use the bucket, I'm sure some things will stick out that I don't care for but for right now it's been a great fit.
Loadout Bucket: $39.99 Lid: $29.99 Caddy: $19.99 Gear Belt: $39.99

Lowlands Blanket

At first, I wasn't too sure about this blanket. But after our uses, it really is like no other item I've personally seen or tried. It's not really a tarp and not really a blanket, it's a combination and an awesome blend for multi uses. The blanket is 55" long x 78" wide. On one side you have a durable waterproof material and on the other side you have a quilt like material that is padded with insulation. We have a couple of Labrador dogs that are often with us in my pickup. I keep the backseats folded up, fold the Lowlands blanket in half with the tarp side up and it keeps the dirt from the dogs off of the carpeted floor. If I have passengers for the backseat I pull the Lowlands out, shake if off, stuff it under the seats and the backseat remains nice for passengers. We also use it as a ground cloth when packing or unpacking from a trip. Often times with traveling to hunt I'll need to rearrange and reorganize my vehicle. Or if I'm packing up for a backpack hunt I'll often have a yard sale by my vehicle. I can lay the lowlands on the ground and use that to lay out my gear. If it's on wet grass or soggy ground, the waterproof side keeps the moisture from going through and keeps my gear clean and dry. We will also pull the Lowlands out of the pickup and lay it on the tent floor for the dogs to lay on. You could also use it as your own ground for tent camping. There are quite a number of uses for that blanket and we have really enjoyed using it. The durability has been great thus far, with the dogs jumping in and out their claws haven't punctured the material yet.
Lowlands: $199.99.

7f55fc199dd9d6a458efaf1c356a4990.jpg
12056c2d1b551f0f21d4413798734fc8.jpg

My loadout bucket is presently being used as a trash can in the back of my pickup. During kayaking season its used for a depository of wet gear. We will see come hunting season what uses it will have. There will definitely be some meat or poultry brining going on in there.