YETI soft cooler

Obviously I'm swimming against the school, but I own YETI and have had nothing but great experiences with their products. I was ready to pull the trigger on a (soft) Hopper 30 last year but didn't do it. Then the Hopper II models showed up and I waited. Just bought one from a local source who managed to save me a significant amount off retail. I don't expect the Hopper to do what my Tundra does (hold ice 8 days in summer) but I bought it for a different purpose and I'm confident it will do exactly what I want.

Yes, let me swim with you. I also just purchased a Yeti Tundra 75 with the idea that this is a long term investment. Most cheap coolers from Walmart and Sam's Club will last a few years, then fail in some important way, rendering it useless. I did tons and tons of research before I went with the Yeti. I do not have any experience with Yeti's soft sided products.

And heck, if you think Yeti is expensive, try Orion Coolers. They are even more expensive. And I must say this. If you hunt in warm climates and need ice on hand when you get back to the car from a 5 day hunt, that extra few hundred dollars will pay for the meat you saved in just one trip. Multiply that by however long you continue to hunt after that, the Yeti product values become clear.

Bulldawg

WKR
I like how everybody says buy and rtic and yeti will adjust their prices. If it wasn't for yeti rtic wouldn't be a thing! Majority of all these coolers are all the same in terms of capabilities of keeping ice for long periods of times and being able to take a beating. Yeti made them cool and that's why they cost more, they put all the marketing into these coolers and that costs a lot of money. If it weren't for them charging that higher price and spending more money to get these coolers on everybody's mind, just about everybody would still be using igloos.

That's why I use yeti, I like how they put the work in on their own terms and didn't piggy back on someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbo V

WKR
There are a few places that still have the hopper in stock for 100 off the normal retail price they were put on clearance when yeti released the hopper two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kodiakfly

WKR
I'm a Yeti guy, but I've had my Yetis since back before the cooler market blew up and way before RTIC showed up. They work and I like them. So when I wanted a soft side cooler, I did go with the Yeti again, and I did it because I had put hands on one (I've never even seen an RTIC in real life) and because of the zipper. It's certainly not the only cooler out there, but it's served me well and the zipper has proven to be waterproof, which has been handy. Someone did a YouTube vid on some of the various soft coolers and a lot of the other brands' zippers leaked like crazy.

I own 4 rtic coolers. 2 soft 2 hard models.

Bought them on sale for about the regular price of one large yeti. I have compared the hard coolers and can not tell a difference in looks or features. I liked the flip tops on the rtic coolers better than the yeti hopper design. All the rtic have performed well for me and I would buy more if needed.

My decision to buy rtic was based on price and performance.

First run on the Yeti Hopper II: Tossed a couple ice packs in it yesterday morning along with some food and drinks. Outside air temps hit 84F and interior of the vehicle likely topped 100F for several hours (parked in the full sun on blacktop lot). 10 hours later the ice packs were 100% solid with frost on them. Drink temp (water bottle) was 32.5F with a digital thermometer.

KJH

WKR
I only have the Yeti Hopper II, and I can say that I'll never buy another hard sided cooler. I think they keep ice just as well as hard sided coolers if you're not opening them every 10 minutes... and they are lighter and easier to carry. I do think the price is stupid. I do however think they have a excellent soft sided product. I bought mine from ace hardware on a sale for $179 with a rewards coupon. Otherwise I would not have purchased it, but now I'm really glad I did.

As far as hard sided coolers go, I have 1 yeti, 2 K2s, and one orca. They all perform about the same. No preference there.