YETI soft cooler

VernAK

WKR
I've avoided the expensive YETI soft cooler because I have limited use for one but now I see that Sam's Club has a knock-off for $150 vs the $300+ for a YETI.

Has anyone compared or even used the Sam's model?

Buddy has the soft Ozark trail cooler from Walmart, he likes it a lot, I have a Ozark trail 52qt and love it for only $147

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

LBFowler

WKR
I saw the Sam's one the other day, certainly nowhere near the name quality on zippers and hardware, but it might keep stuff as cold.

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
I actually prefer top/opening of the RTIC vs the Yeti soft sided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get an RTIC... My buddy runs a sport fishing a operation in the South East Coastal area and has done all tests Yeti vs RTIC and so on. He beats the hell out of coolers and uses them 4-5 times a week, every week. He will tell you, save your cash and get an RTIC!

WKR
If you're looking for a soft cooler, check out AO Coolers. Had one for 3 years and have not been kind to it, still looks almost new.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have an AO i really like as well. It is actually made to fit into the built in ice chest in my Malibu VLX (wakeboard boat) but it makes every elk hunt too.

They have a bunch of different styles and are very reasonable.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
If you want a Yeti, buy an Rtic.

Tell your buddies to buy an Rtic.

Wait two years.

Yeti will adjust their price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Soft side? Polar Bear works for me. At camp, at lake and carrying frozen meat on airlines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UtahJimmy

WKR
If you're looking for a soft cooler, check out AO Coolers. Had one for 3 years and have not been kind to it, still looks almost new.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Another vote for AO. They take abuse, are way cheaper, and great customer service if you have an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

How's that RTIC zipper hold up? It looks like a fine tooth zipper to me based on their website photos. I'm notorious for having those thinner zippers blow out on me.

GKPrice

Banned
I have a Yeti and RTIC hard shells AND soft shells and use them almost daily - the RTIC are good coolers that work around 85-90% as well as the YETI's and for the savings that's a darn good bargain FOR ME in most cases ..... As far as just looking at the overall YETI I'll say that "buy once, cry once" does fit this product though, YETI's are very good all around for the extreme needs users .....

OP
VernAK

VernAK

WKR
I just got my Cabela's VISA bill and it offers $100 off on the YETI....still spendy but maybe they are finally getting the message.

mcseal2

WKR
I bought a Yeti 30 soft and the zipper only lasted 1.5yrs. It got used a bunch and in some rough conditions like a sandy river I fish. I still thought it should be better. I bought a Magellan 25 hard sided cooler and think it's twice the cooler the Yet ever thought of being. Its taken lots of abuse and works great. Ice retention is much better than the soft Yeti also. Plus it was much cheaper, around $100 when the Academy had it's grand opening nearby.

cgippe

Lil-Rokslider
I own RTIC soft and hard coolers.. Had yeti and sold them all, RTIC performs the same or better and their zipper on the soft cooler is beefy, no issues. Highly recommend RTIC

I just got my Cabela's VISA bill and it offers $100 off on the YETI....still spendy but maybe they are finally getting the message.

Obviously I'm swimming against the school, but I own YETI and have had nothing but great experiences with their products. I was ready to pull the trigger on a (soft) Hopper 30 last year but didn't do it. Then the Hopper II models showed up and I waited. Just bought one from a local source who managed to save me a significant amount off retail. I don't expect the Hopper to do what my Tundra does (hold ice 8 days in summer) but I bought it for a different purpose and I'm confident it will do exactly what I want.