Yolla bollies/Trinity’s/marbles/Bzone

New to northern Cali relocated in red bluff. Looking for some solid advice on the Bzones! All I hear is bears and lions an no deer. I get that there is some serious mismanagement in place but there is still tags to be filled! Looking for advice from the hardcore backpackers/backcountry guys cause that more my style! Hunted twice last year before getting sidetracked by out of state hunts. Past on a few young bucks.. not looking to steal anyone’s honeys holes just wanting to learn the area an what opportunities Northern California has to offer! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
This same topic was just gone over within the last week. If you just look through the threads you will get everything people have to say about the B Zones.

My advice would be to pick one of those wilderness areas and just go for a few quick weekend trips if you can to a few trailheads and see what you can find. Yolla Bollies are the closest for you being in Red Bluff but that may not make a difference for you. Spend a bunch of time on Google Earth. I like to look for areas without a bunch of pictures of the country. I feel like if there is a bunch of pictures there is a bunch of backpackers going in there and I just dont see as many deer in those areas. Could just be me though.

OP
F
Perfect I guess the best thing is google earth an then boots to the ground! Is there much fishing in the yolla bollies?

snopro176

WKR
Just trying to figure out northern Cali is all

Welcome to the frustration! There are some absolute stud animals to be found but they're a super tricky animal vs. Muleys. This is super vague but all I can say is scout your ass off, Google earth is awesome but boots on the ground is everything.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
get Up there while they’re in the velvet , they will expose themselves , give u an idea of what’s around , when they get hard Horned and hear that first rifle shot they disappear into the deep dark timber and then it’s even tougher, it can be done but it’s gona take extreme persistence and a touch of luck doesn’t hurt , get after it