YOLO Bypass Youth Duck Hunt - Free Roam

Moserkr

WKR
Some youth I know drew free roam at yolo bypass next weekend. Any advice for them?

Stay mobile? Puddle jump? Sit over decoys? No decoys? Best general direction? Anything you got for them would be appreciated. Thanks.

Without ever having gone myself, I have no clue what it looks like beyond maps or driving by it. I blindly told them to try puddle jumping and to stay mobile. Pic of their last sprig.
603D323E-C85A-46E6-AA1A-EA7DDEB1E74D.jpeg

Ucsdryder

WKR
Been a minute but don’t they have assigned blinds out there? Do they have reports on what blinds did what? I thought they gave previous weeks info.

Rob5589

WKR
As close to the highway as possible is generally the best action. I toss a small spread on some small water that has cover.

Weather has been beautiful, so not the best for ducks. Based on the shooting I've heard this season, it's been very slow. Haven't been across the causeway recently so not sure of the water situation.

Good luck!

• Banned
OP
Moserkr

Moserkr

WKR
@Ucsdryder Yes they have assigned blinds too but also apparently have some groups roaming. These boys did not draw a blind.

@Rob5589 Thanks. From the limited inte I googled, that advice is similar to what Ive read. Last time I drove by the causeway I saw water and lots of ducks on that north end. I know the lack of weather is not helping. These boys have done some decent shooting so far this year over water, but mainly spoonies with a few spring and teal mixed i. Appreciate your response.

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know what this last week of the season was like but you can look up the shoot results for each week of the season. Recently the Wednesday Saturday Sunday shoots have had over 1,500 birds for a few weeks. But I don’t know if that number of ducks will stick around. Good luck and have fun with the kiddos.