You might be a backpack hunting obsessed Rokslider if....

mtbshark

WKR

so there are more dinning room tables out there like this

Not a dining room table per se, but our bay window is pretty much packed with gear and food this time of year!

CB2A6ACE-3DF9-4E21-A9D3-B728D5AA8935-1229-0000014F5025D01C.jpg

F8777CF1-EED0-4384-A19F-61D5BABBE181-1229-0000014F473AFB3A.jpg

Kirkland steak strips ROCK!!

As for Luke's comment... if I spent that much time in the field the one title I definitely would have is "unemployed".

Be nice if I could just pay off everything and convince the little lady she needs me to be a house husband. ;)

OP
Becca

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
You might be a RokSlider if you've spent a total of 9 days in your own bed at home since beginning of May....:D

Or only have 12 hour turn arounds between week long sheep hunts.

Thinking of instituting a minimum 24 hour turn around time :) At let let us get the clothes washed from the last trip...

One more....

You arrive home from work to find a caribou rack on your deck, game bags soaking in your garage, and wet gear drying from the moose antlers hanging over your tv. This seems normal to you.

mtbshark

WKR
I believe that a 24 hour at least is in order if trips are more than 5 days. but thats just me.

also nice work on crushing my pic becca in order to get kinda close i would have to condense my 3 staging area (kitchen, dinning room, garage).

Hardstalk

WKR
You own the only dirty truck with dried blood on the tailgate in the gym parking lot. :).

No point in washing it till hunting season is over.

AndyJ

FNG
-You opt for "finding a soft spot" rather than carry a sleeping pad.

-You are willing to deal with wet clothing for days as long as they still insulate.

-Horse packers ask, "how'd you get back here?"

-You find hunting spots by starting with areas that are farthest from roads, existing trails or crossing navigational hazards.

-You make one day's worth of food last for three so you can stay on an elk herd.

-Getting hypothermic just comes with the territory.

-You filtered water from a wallow that your pretty sure is just mud and urine because that is all you can find without spooking animals.

-Underwear isn't dirty until it is dirty on both sides.

a3dhunter

WKR
If you quit your job to go hunting for the entire month of archery season, and then are moving to the more hunter friendly state after season.
and if your wife supports this decision and continues to work until season is over.

This year:
13 days without a shower

Made one days food last three and a half days to cut pack weight and stay out one more day without resupply.
When you hit town you go directly to first diner and order a double bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on it with mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, and bbq sauce with fries and a side of three fried eggs, then have ice cream for dessert and head back up the mountain after resupply within two hours.

Packing elk solo at midnight in the rain and hail while singing cause your so happy!

You smell your clothing to determine clean enough or done!

You buy a spot/sat phone because you really do things that endanger yourself.

If you choose titanium for your wedding ring... I mean, why would any self respecting backpacker pick a heavy soft metal over a light tough one? :)

Yk

You build an entire room in the garage just for you and your hunting gear. We bought a new house about 1 year ago and the deal was new house for the wife and I built a room in the garage and put all my hunting stuff out there.

-Your hunting buddy calls to see if your interested in going on a scouting hike and you can be packed and on the road in under 15 minutes.

-You suggest that a fellow Rokslider should check out a Hilleberg Akto and it's such a good idea that you go and buy one for yourself on the way home from work even while knowing that your Supertarp ships on 5/5 (I did this about a week ago).

-you practice calling instead of listening to the radio on your way to and from work.
-you carry a range finder with you everywhere to "check" your accuracy on estimating distance.

Your idea of a nice relaxing vacation is spending 10 days climbing around in the mountains, getting beat to death by wind, rain, sleet, and snow, chasing furry white critters sometimes to the point to where you are so exhausted, the thought of crawling into a bivy, cold and wet, is the best idea you've had all day.

Last edited:

Tanner

WKR
You show up to house parties like this....

You bring a SG to the plains just to practice shooting off of it...

You walk around the gym wearing a shirt looking like this after getting off the Stairway to Jesus...

Tanner

spdcrazy

Lil-Rokslider
you work the night shift and hit the refresh button on "new posts" every 3-5 min and get bummed when you get the message "no new posts, try again later"

last night shift for two weeks for me! lets go hunting!