You should see this!

sneek-ee

WKR
Wonder if Jason at Kuiu looked at this ever?
Any hunting companies making anything in it yet??

I know BATTLE on here has looked into this fabric and said some good things about it.....

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Kuiu's fabric is a direct-vent fabric like eVent.
eVent is and has been available for several years.
I have several eVent products including my REI Kimtah jacket and Kayland Vertigo High boots.
eVent is a complete fabric, but the barrier itself is now licensed to be used in other company's fabrics, like DryQelite from Mountain Hardwear.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
It is really good. I have no interest in GoreTex fabric garments anymore. eVent is almost softshell-like in its breathability.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've been using Event for a long time, but they won't make anything in Camouflage.

Like BB said, Kuiu fabric is comparable to Event in all categories. I use Event for my Bivy and Kuiu/Toray for rain gear.

sneek-ee

WKR
so is Toray/Kuiu considered to better or eVent? or both very similar fabrics with similar performance??

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kuiu/Toray and Event are basically the same fabric with the same stats. One of the biggest reasons I was so excited when I found out Jason was using Toray.

cmeier117

WKR
So Kuiu's Chugach jacket which cost $300 is comparable or better than Sitka, Arc'teryx, etc.. jackets that cost upwards of $500? Yet they still use better materials that cost more, and this is where the direct sale business model comes in? So if these things are true, and with the internet why would hunters ever buy sitka over KUIU?

Does anyone know what the Chugach jacket and sitka Stormfront jacket cost the companies to make?

cmeier117

WKR
Are their different grades of Gore-tex?

I also emailed the video to Jason to get his take on it. He said that Toray has breath ability similar to eVent but is 4 way stretch which eVent is not. He said some other technical stuff but it went way over my head.