You want a leg workout that will kick your ass?

21-15-9 reps for time of

225 Back Squat
70 lb Kettlebell swing

I'm in good shape. I've been training steady for over a year and had this workout absolutely kick my ass. My legs are shaking still 30 minutes after the workout. I did it in 8 minutes. Try it out.

Hike&Hunt

FNG
Here is another one that will challenge your mental toughness and your ability to walk the next day! Its not a crossfit style, but it will chalenge even the most fit crossfitter.

You will be doing supersets with the leg press and barbell squats. The structure for the leg press is reps: 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50. Each set of leg press is followed by 10-12 reps of barbell squat with no rest other than your walk over to the squat rack. Increase then decrease weight with each leg press set as needed to reach failure with each set. Keep squat weight low enough to maintain perfect form. Rest between sets is 2 min. Good luck, dont try this workout fresh off the couch, you will hurt yourself!

a3dhunter

WKR
ohhiitznik, I already hate you for previous suggestions. ;)
I hadn't touched a barbell in years until you started posting on the weight loss thread. Been doing squats and kettle ball workouts this year among other things, but 65 lb kettle ball is the biggest my gym has.
I've been cheating and using a Smith machine for my squats to prevent injury after not doing squats for quite a while.
Only been using 180lbs plus the Smith bar, which at best is 10-15lbs if anything, not a 45 lb bar.

marshrat

FNG
I feel like throwing up already. Thanks for the suggestion, and I will have to try it out soon. These CrossFit days are making me feel like a pathetic reject when it comes to being in shape.

OP
ohhiitznik
Crossfit workouts are the real deal!

A3d, you won't injure yourself ever if you squat correctly. You just need someone to show you the ropes. Once you feel the correct squat you'll be amazed! Keep at it brother.

a3dhunter

WKR
Crossfit workouts are the real deal!

A3d, you won't injure yourself ever if you squat correctly. You just need someone to show you the ropes. Once you feel the correct squat you'll be amazed! Keep at it brother.

I'm getting the hang of it, just can't let myself get lazy with form.
Watched some videos and things on you tube, I believe there were even some links in one of your threads on the other site that helped.

Of course, you can always post up another link to what video would be the best form for a squat, or point out common mistakes for guys like me to watch out for.

Last edited:
21-15-9 is tough with any movements...
I find 95# thrusters and pull ups harder...
I can usually keep my breathing under control with squats and KB swings...for some reason thrusters and pull ups gets my breathing out of control real quick..lol