Your 2 favorite duck and goose calls

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanna see what everyone has been liking as of lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Ducks: Cutt Down cocobolo single reed and original duck commander double reed.

Geese: Bill Saunders hedge Red Zone and Acrylic I5KLR.

Duck: I have an old Duck Commander dc200 wood double reed that I have been using since maybe 1990 or so, can't remember. Still sounds just like a duck

Goose: I have been using a Lynch Mob Reaper for the last few years. I love it. I also always have my half breed and traffic with just in case.

pirogue

WKR
Favorite duck call is a Chick Major call, that I got not long after he died. His wife used to teach calling lessons in Stuttgart, AR( world duck hunting capital), like others taught piano lessons. I went to his house, tried several calls, and she picked the one that I sounded the best with.

eamyrick

WKR
I keep coming back to my RNT acrylic daisy cutter. It blows east and sounds great. And those cheap whistles. In Texas they work like a charm.

Just wanna see what everyone has been liking as of lately.

Honker calls: Gander Valley Hybrid, Saunders Heavy.
Lesser call: sauders I5 Killer
Cackler call: Saunders B.C. minima
Speck: Riceland 5/8
Duck: J.J. Lares Hybrid 1.37 reed

Following as I'm thinking about picking up a new goose call. I like the sounds of the Haydells DR-85. Cheap but sounds like a duck to me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
Favourite duck call is still my RNT short barrel in bocote, and still my favourite goose call was made by Doug Schuyler out of Port Dover, Ontario.

For Ducks, I love my Echo Timber and Watkins Swamp Bore. I like softer subtle calls. I think it’s easier to get a quieter call loud than a louder call quiet. So I stick with quitter more finesse calls. Stopped hunting geese with all the special regulations in Oregon.

OP
Peaks&Creeks

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
Honker calls: Gander Valley Hybrid, Saunders Heavy.
Lesser call: sauders I5 Killer
Cackler call: Saunders B.C. minima
Speck: Riceland 5/8
Duck: J.J. Lares Hybrid 1.37 reed

How does that Gander Valley Hybrid run? I’ve been thinking about getting their XXX as I’ve heard great things about their calls.

Duck Calls: C&S Custom Calls Justifier(Birdseye Maple), Ducklander Loud Timber (African Black Wood)

Goose Calls: Only have one right now, Bill Saunders I5KLR, can’t say it’s my favorite but I’m also not great at calling geese. Takes a lot of air to run IMO.

How does that Gander Valley Hybrid run? I’ve been thinking about getting their XXX as I’ve heard great things about their calls.

Duck Calls: C&S Custom Calls Justifier(Birdseye Maple), Ducklander Loud Timber (African Black Wood)

Goose Calls: Only have one right now, Bill Saunders I5KLR, can’t say it’s my favorite but I’m also not great at calling geese. Takes a lot of air to run IMO.

The GV Hybrid is a great call and Mark is incredible to work with. The Hybrid is a pure honker call. Very goosey sound, lots of bottom end and very nice balance everywhere else. The I5 killer is a call that is a lesser call and you must have good calling basic to run it. I have my call tuned to be very high pitched.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
Lanyard the past few seasons has been the following:
DRC Core & Short Drop acrylics for honkers
DRC Kraken & Elite Cache acrylics for ducks.
Riceland poly speck, Banded poly snow, Buck Gardner 6-1 whistle.

Probably got 15-20 other acrylic & wood calls on the shelf; Zinks, LMC, C & S, DRC, Foiles, RNT, etc.