Your apparel layering technique?

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone seemed to cover the clothing part well, but as far as boot recommendations i really like my crispi guide gtx boots. I haven't had any issues with them and their pretty comfy IMO.

If I'm backpacking in to hunt, I wear the same stuff everyone else on Rokslide wears. High end, ultra cool, overpriced backcountry gear. If I'm day hunting in good weather my clothing is different. For boots I prefer Zamberlan, with Darn tough socks. Then I wear 10-15 year old Carhartt pants with grease and mud stains on them. Bud Light t-shirt for elk, Jack Daniels t-shirt for deer, Rolling Rock t-shirt for bears. These can be purchased at Walmart or most county fairs. I cover that with a flannel shirt with 2 chest pockets, one for my rangefinder, the other for Grizzly wintergreen chew. Not sure if the brand of chew is a bear deterrent or attractant....I'll let you know when I figure it out. If it's chilly I might wear a Carhartt vest in similar condition as the pants. For a hat, it doesn't matter, I just grab one. Mechanix gloves in my back pocket and I'm ready to roll. If it rains, get under a tree till it quits.

Car7x

WKR
By the end of my first DIY archery day-tripping week out of my cabin by Ennis, MT, I carried no rain gear, or swapped an UL rain jacket only, for my lightweight (Sitka ascent, I think??) SS jacket. I found my Nano Puff vest to be a key piece, and soon left behind my UL puffy and mid weight merino or syn midlayer.
I found a merino SS, with a (150 or so wt) LS top, paired (if needed) with the vest under a windshell to be a light and compact setup for daily use. I like to be comfortable and hunt firearms, pheasant and treestand whitetails all season back in MN, and I realized soon into this first archery week out west that the extra exertion and warmer days negated the need for a ton of insulation.
Having said all that, being by myself and older, until I got boots on the ground where I was hunting the first couple days, I did not mind being a little heavy, in case I had a problem.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I got the idea of what I need to bring. If you are (truck) camping, is anyone bringing an extra set of clothes to change into at camp or are you using just wearing the same stuff day after day?
I have a lot of brands to check out but also got a long time until September.
If you're truck camping, take some laundry soap, a plastic tote/bucket and find a creek. A few minutes and you've got fresh clean clothes. If you are going to be hunting several days it's refreshing.

nphunter

WKR
My layering consists of merino boxers, merino socks, lightweight pants, FL, Sitka or Kuiu, chama hoody, thin liner gloves. I wear this combo 99% of time from August until late Nov. I keep a Sitka Ascent Jacket in my pack, a pair of extra socks and on the late season hunts i wear gaiters if it’s snowy or raining and I keep a Sitka Down Hoody in my pack.

I never wear long underwear, I like to start cold and end up comfortable. Drives me nut hunting with people that are constantly taking off and putting on cloths:) I’d rather spend that time hunting.

Boog304

FNG
Everybody has given some real good advise but I have not seen mentioned the Kuiu zip off merino base layers. That time of year where we hunt it can get in to the high 60s and with any movement at all wearing a base when chasing elk you will want out of them quickly.

It is really nice to yank your pants down and pull you base off without even unlacing a boot, it is a real game changer imo. I’m not a huge fan of the feel of Kuiu merino but once you put it on you never notice the difference.

If you hunt with a friend make sure he has his on too because if he doesn’t and you get heated up when chasing a bull and you both have to pull the base off you would be done 5 minutes before him and it will be the longes 5 minute wait of your life. Been there....