Your "Dream Team" posse

2rocky

WKR
If you drew the best unit in your state for Archery mule deer who would you invite to go with you to scout it and help during the hunt?

Paid help (From your pocket anyway) is totally out. Gotta be volunteer.

I’m very much anti-posse or large group hunting with spotters. Sure a hunting buddy or two is fun but the negative aspects of posse hunting have been taken to the extreme by Utah where the average grip and grin photo has ten guys in it. That said, the guy Id want to hunt with most if I want to kill something big is Remi Warren.

While Archery Deer is more of a solo affair to me, I wouldn't mind an expert caller or two on a September Elk Hunt.

NUGGET

WKR
If you drew the best unit in your state for Archery mule deer who would you invite to go with you to scout it and help during the hunt?

Paid help (From your pocket anyway) is totally out. Gotta be volunteer.
How would it be volunteer if you asked them?

lif

WKR
My posse consists of either my 13 year old son and I. Or my best friend of 30+ years and I. We are pretty formidable. 😉

My elk hunting partners. After waiting 8 years for the license I’m making it count. Locating the buck I want will be half the battle. It’s not like I’m hiring Mossback Outfitters. One of my guys will draw the license the year after me so my hunt is also his scouting. The other is there for fun because he loves the mountains. The 3rd lives out there and used to guide for me. He’s a super fun guy to hang out with too. It’s not just about the hunting it’s also about the fun sharing the experience with good friends.

OP
2rocky

2rocky

WKR
Lt. Dangle, you are ummmm dangling....

Roy I'd consider you and Ed among a few of our CBH crew that I'd want counselling me on finding big bucks. But you guys ran off to AZ so I'll be another 20 years before I draw that. All the good bow killers moved to AZ...

If he was still alive, Dwight Shuh would be who I'd want helping me plan my stalks.

I'd probably call Robby if I had an Idaho tag or Region G Wyoming.

But I do have a bowhunting partner who helped me get my first bow buck, and I'd love to have my 70 year old dad and uncle for Horse power packing out...

I've got a Nevada buddy who is a hell of a glasser.

South Cox probably would be another good resource but he ran off to Colorado.

bohntr

WKR
Lt. Dangle, you are ummmm dangling....

Roy I'd consider you and Ed among a few of our CBH crew that I'd want counselling me on finding big bucks. But you guys ran off to AZ so I'll be another 20 years before I draw that. All the good bow killers moved to AZ...

If he was still alive, Dwight Shuh would be who I'd want helping me plan my stalks.

I'd probably call Robby if I had an Idaho tag or Region G Wyoming.

But I do have a bowhunting partner who helped me get my first bow buck, and I'd love to have my 70 year old dad and uncle for Horse power packing out...

I've got a Nevada buddy who is a hell of a glasser.

South Cox probably would be another good resource but he ran off to Colorado.

Come on over, brother.....you’re welcomed anytime!