Your "Dream Team" posse

bohntr

WKR
Lt. Dangle, you are ummmm dangling....

Roy I'd consider you and Ed among a few of our CBH crew that I'd want counselling me on finding big bucks. But you guys ran off to AZ so I'll be another 20 years before I draw that. All the good bow killers moved to AZ...

If he was still alive, Dwight Shuh would be who I'd want helping me plan my stalks.

I'd probably call Robby if I had an Idaho tag or Region G Wyoming.

But I do have a bowhunting partner who helped me get my first bow buck, and I'd love to have my 70 year old dad and uncle for Horse power packing out...

I've got a Nevada buddy who is a hell of a glasser.

South Cox probably would be another good resource but he ran off to Colorado.

Having a person go with you (Dad, hunting partner) is FAR different than a ‘posse’, IMO. Hell, it’s hard enough to keep track of a buck let alone 5-8 ‘helpers’! 😁

bohntr

WKR
“Looks like a whole bunch of people are missing the point of this thread!“

Uuhhhmmm, the TITLE states ‘dream team posse’.....which defines more than one or a group. Perhaps many didn’t miss the point of the thread.....they just have reading comprehension skills. 😁

sagebuster

Lil-Rokslider
I'd probably ask Robby to take me scouting, if for no other reason than that 'he's got harses'. Gotta have Randy Ulmer on the hunt. Maybe Cam Hanes to pack my buck out for me.

ColoradoV

WKR
Fun to think about. I am usually alone w the bow for bucks but there are a few on this thread it would be fun to share a camp with.

@Travis Bertrand and @chasewild are always welcome! It would be cool to have @ntrlbrnhunter or Robby w their mules/horses for a wyo hunt as that would open doors.

100% I would have @randyulmer in camp for scouting as not many folks have the tools, knowledge, drive, positive attitude, and put in the time scouting like him.. Just not sure if I would want Randy on the hunt as it would be over too fast!! Or I take weeks and not hours to get on a buck and I could well be lost wondering a otc elk unit w a glazed look randomly blowing a hoochie mama if I tagged out day 1 and that is not a good scene 😆!

Dream team would be Jack Oconnor, Ishi, Jim Corbett and Fred Bear.
I wouldn't kill anything so I could wring out as many campfires as possible with that crew.

hobbes

WKR
Have you seen the shirts that say " I Like Hunting and Maybe 3 People" ? That fits me pretty well. The three people that I like right now are my wife, my granddaughter, and my wife. My two sons are tied for fourth.

I know it's just a fun question, but I've found that I have a difficult time spending extended periods of time hunting with even some good friends. Little quirks and annoyances turn into things that drive you crazy after a few days. Im sure I'd drive someone crazy too.

I do have one buddy that is a freaking big buck magnet that I'd like to have around, but we may kill each other during a very long hunt. Other than that, I'll stick with my son's.

Last edited: