Your favorite Bow Strings

dkime

WKR
Amazes me the people who hate on Winners choice but love GAS, I am a loyal GAS shooter but a little bit of research on this subject goes a long way

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
Amazes me the people who hate on Winners choice but love GAS, I am a loyal GAS shooter but a little bit of research on this subject goes a long way
dkime---I know what you are referring to, but trust me there is a WORLD of difference between GAS and WC.
I am a longtime close friend of Eric (who owns GAS bowstrings), so a little background on the GAS story may help.
In 2004-2005 Eric was living in Massachusetts and he started a string company called GAS bowstrings (I worked for him for a while while I was in between jobs). Eric had always built his own strings and knew that a lot of the companies at the time were lacking...he designed a building/stretching/serving process that produced a very high quality product. As time went on we got busier and busier...it was tough to keep up to be honest. Eric received an offer to go help run Scott Archery (while Brian Jones still ran it...long before The Outdoor Group bought it) so Eric sold the business to Brian Visco (Viscosity Bowstrings now). Eric eventually became President of The Outdoor Group for 3-4 years. The Outdoor Group owns Winners Choice and overseeing that company was part of Eric's responsibility. WC process was nothing like the process Eric had developed while owning GAS and quite frankly he was appalled at the process used there but there was NO interest in revising their building or QC process and many of the employees were not happy. When Eric left TOG he decided to start up GAS bowstrings again...I always called it GAS 2.0 jokingly. He took the process he had developed at GAS and built in measures to scale it up to a production level. A few of the old WC employees who shared Eric's vision of building a HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT followed Eric to GAS (hell quite a few of the WC employees wore GAS T-shirts on their last day of work at WC). Between Eric's knowledge and process and employees with real world experience working with bowstring materials, they were able to put out a product that blew away the rest of the market. To compare GAS to WC is really doing a disservice to the work/process/QC that GAS employs.
AND THAT's THE REST OF THE STORY.

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
I use a local guys strings (Ron Kammerzell) he makes them in his basement and they are awesome! Guess this only applies to people in N Colorado....

OR Archer

WKR
dkime---I know what you are referring to, but trust me there is a WORLD of difference between GAS and WC.
I am a longtime close friend of Eric (who owns GAS bowstrings), so a little background on the GAS story may help.
In 2004-2005 Eric was living in Massachusetts and he started a string company called GAS bowstrings (I worked for him for a while while I was in between jobs). Eric had always built his own strings and knew that a lot of the companies at the time were lacking...he designed a building/stretching/serving process that produced a very high quality product. As time went on we got busier and busier...it was tough to keep up to be honest. Eric received an offer to go help run Scott Archery (while Brian Jones still ran it...long before The Outdoor Group bought it) so Eric sold the business to Brian Visco (Viscosity Bowstrings now). Eric eventually became President of The Outdoor Group for 3-4 years. The Outdoor Group owns Winners Choice and overseeing that company was part of Eric's responsibility. WC process was nothing like the process Eric had developed while owning GAS and quite frankly he was appalled at the process used there but there was NO interest in revising their building or QC process and many of the employees were not happy. When Eric left TOG he decided to start up GAS bowstrings again...I always called it GAS 2.0 jokingly. He took the process he had developed at GAS and built in measures to scale it up to a production level. A few of the old WC employees who shared Eric's vision of building a HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT followed Eric to GAS (hell quite a few of the WC employees wore GAS T-shirts on their last day of work at WC). Between Eric's knowledge and process and employees with real world experience working with bowstring materials, they were able to put out a product that blew away the rest of the market. To compare GAS to WC is really doing a disservice to the work/process/QC that GAS employs.
Good post. I’d never compare the two companies in the same breathe. I’ve installed hundreds of strings from both companies and Gas is far superior. Not to mention their customer support is second to none.

dkime

WKR

Sent you a PM, thank you for taking the time to type what I was too lazy to do lol I was there with him during it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carmanusa

FNG
I’ve been a fan of catfish as well, I did do a set of the archery shack on sale last year for a buddy and quite impressed for a $49 set I’ll say. And I am happy with my winners choice on my elites.

tsm213

FNG
I’m running twisted x right now and they have been excellent. Johns custom archery aka breathen is also top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk