Your favorite BTSP hunting bullet?

Skippy00

FNG
IMO, nothing beats the old tried and true BTSP bullets for taking down MOST game.

My dream bullet is a Nosler Partition with a boat tail. But that ain't ever gonna happen. I love this bullet but wish I could get them to shoot tighter groups out of my rifles.

I've had tremendous success with the Interlock BTSP. Tried GameKings but lost a couple deer with those.

Vern400

WKR
IMO, nothing beats the old tried and true BTSP bullets for taking down MOST game.

My dream bullet is a Nosler Partition with a boat tail. But that ain't ever gonna happen. I love this bullet but wish I could get them to shoot tighter groups out of my rifles.

I've had tremendous success with the Interlock BTSP. Tried GameKings but lost a couple deer with those.
My experience is partitions hit hard and shoot good enough. Like you said. But without caliber and game there's no answer. Most bullets have a velocity range where they work best. Except partitions. They just work.

I’ve used good old Hornady Interlocks with good results, but never shot anything other than deer and coyotes with them.

BFR

WKR
Hard to beat the Sierra Gamekings. Used 165 gr in my 30-06 for the last 50+ yrs on deer, elk, and bear. They worked well for me even out to 600 yards, most were bang flop. If I had the chance I would have used them on moose too. This year I switched to Hammers when I bought a new rifle, so far they’ve worked too, 1 Antelope 300 yards, couple steps then over on his nose.

I have NOT had great experience with Interlocks. Have tried 5 different types of Interlocks in 3 different guns and never got any to shoot under about 1.5" in my guns. That is still a limited sample size, but the nail in the coffin was my Bergara HMR shooting 3/4" with American Gunner hollow points, but 1.5" with 129 Interlocks. Just haven't found a combo that shoots how I like them.

I did shoot about 3 animals with interlocks at 50-70yds and they all died, so success there, but accuracy has not been their strong suit in my limited experience.

Sierra Game Kings I want to try more. I've tried a 140 in 7mm Rem Mag, but got one that failed to pass through, so maybe a little light for the 7mag. But it shoot 1" for 5 shots easily, so it's my most accurate hunting bullet I've tried to date. I don't see Sierra Game Kings locally so I have not been able to conveniently pick up many types, so I may need to seek them out.

OP
S

Skippy00

FNG
I have NOT had great experience with Interlocks. Have tried 5 different types of Interlocks in 3 different guns and never got any to shoot under about 1.5" in my guns. That is still a limited sample size, but the nail in the coffin was my Bergara HMR shooting 3/4" with American Gunner hollow points, but 1.5" with 129 Interlocks. Just haven't found a combo that shoots how I like them.

I did shoot about 3 animals with interlocks at 50-70yds and they all died, so success there, but accuracy has not been their strong suit in my limited experience.

Sierra Game Kings I want to try more. I've tried a 140 in 7mm Rem Mag, but got one that failed to pass through, so maybe a little light for the 7mag. But it shoot 1" for 5 shots easily, so it's my most accurate hunting bullet I've tried to date. I don't see Sierra Game Kings locally so I have not been able to conveniently pick up many types, so I may need to seek them out.
There are 2 different versions of the interlocks. Traditional and boat tails. The boat tails were extremely accurate out of a Rem 700 I used to have. But Hornady doesn't make the custom loads with those anymore.