Your favorite Sitka piece

Firehawk

WKR
Jetstream jacket up top and Timberline pant used to be my faves. I suppose it depends on the time of the season. But I love my Apex pant more each time I wear them. I wore them all archery season last year and rifle hunting season until the snow fell. And this year, they are the only pant I have worn so far during ML Deer and two rifle deer hunts. And my Heavyweight Core is getting worn more and more all the time, but I can't wear it in Archery season as the zipper gets in the way when zipped all the way up.

Please don't say we have to pick just one. Please!!!

Last edited:

Kotaman

WKR
you are one of the few people who have the WS Hoody. It's that good? How is the fit?

I own 20+ puffy jackets. When the weather gets tough, or the environment is tough ie. Kodiak or a late season hunt, the WS is the ONLY puffy I even consider taking. It is heavy but it is a beast of a jacket And will save your a$$. It is designed to be worn over all layers, so it is cut big. I went down a size.

oenanthe

WKR
Core lightweight and heavy weight hoody

Yeah, me too. I have 3 lightweights (different sizes, patterns, and generations). One of them always goes along.

And for later season hunts the heavyweight goes along too.

If I were starting from scratch I'd just buy one of each in open country and be done.

you are one of the few people who have the WS Hoody. It's that good? How is the fit?

Yeah I’ve been loving it. Used it last year and a bunch this season too. It’s made to fit over just about everything else and does it really well. I wear a large in most everything and the WS is size large, fits over a base, grid fleece, wind shirt or a heavier wool flannel with ease. That said it doesnt feel weird if you have it over just a t shirt, say if you ran outside to do some quick chores in super cold weather. I think they really nailed it. I throw mine on the second I stop and get the tripod set up. I wish they made pants just like it.

There have been a few good puffy threads, and warmth wise it’s towards the top. Warmer than my LPP and allegedly just under the First Lite Chamberlin. (I have the LPP, but not the FL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
For western hunting: the old traverse hoodie

For whitetails: the fanatic vest

Honorable mention: timberline and stratus pants, respectively

Lawnboi

WKR
So many great pieces but my favorite is the puffy hats, most comfortable and warm hat Iv worn.

Right behind that
Traverse hoody
Jet stream jacket
Timberline pants
Core midweight
Kelvin lite jacket

Jimss

WKR
I just switched over to a fanatic vest and really like it. It's super quiet and warm as an outer plus a great layer when used under a coat/rain jacket. It has a little more insulation that most of the Sitka and Kuiu vests. Most of the new vests are less bulky but have noisy outer fabric when hiking through brush. The Fanatoc also has a really nice hand warming outer pouch plus a great pocket for quick and easy access to accessories.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would also vote for the Core Lightweight hoody and Core Heavyweight hoody- the lightweight as a base layer, the heavyweight as a mid-layer; add in a lightweight windshirt to these and you cover a large spectrum of temperatures and weather!

davescarp

WKR
I love the fanatic hoody like it was my son. the fanatic hoody is the same as the core hvywt with a pocket, mask, and mittens built in. I'm also really fond of the lightweight hoody that i mostly wear during turkey season.

WJS23

WKR
My moss timberlines I got them the last year they had that color and I wish I bought 4 more pairs, the need more stuff in moss or any color green

Dexter...How do you pack those pants? I want to like these, but in a XL they take up my whole pack! Especially when I add the Kelvin WS jacket...which I also love, but it's SO heavy for a puffy. I'm no KUIU fanboy, but their puffy pants pack up small, so they're always in my pack. My Kelvin Lite pants just never seem to make the cut due to the weight and bulk.
Use a Kifaru compression sack. I fit my Sitka Kelvin Lite jacket and the Kelvin pants into the same sack, tightened down to about the size of a Nalgene bottle.

I don’t have very much Sitka Gear so this is an easy one for me, Blizzard Beanie. I like it so much I bought two, one for hunting and on that I keep in my truck all the time.