your good (or not so good) customer service interactions of late

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had two really positive interactions this past week.

I called Stone Glacier and told them the stitching on my lumbar pad was coming off, the same day they got a new one out to me in the mail- stellar!

I tried to call Sitka about a pair of gaiters that were in need of repair or replacement. I couldn't get through (about 15 minutes on hold) so went to their site and filed a warranty claim on line. The next day I got a shipping notification that a new pair of gaiters were on there way- stellar as well.

Kind of nice when that happens :D

Anyone else have any recent interactions, good or bad?

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly most of mine have been a$$. But I haven't had any lately, other than Leupold and Carter releases and wow those people at Leupold have my business forever. So nice and super helpful. Carter not so much but it's a good product. I'd personally just like to not deal on the phone with them anymore for awhile haha

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

airbuds

FNG
I ordered new items for over 3 weeks now, still yet to receive it, different issues coming up. That's bad experience to me. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Kifaru - great - had a stitch come out. They responded in 10 minutes to the warranty email. The problem was resolved in 10 minutes.

Leupold - terrible - had a range finder quit reading accurately. It was hardly used and never abused. They told me to kick rocks in a very non-customer friendly way. Byeeeee leupold...

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru - great - had a stitch come out. They responded in 10 minutes to the warranty email. The problem was resolved in 10 minutes.

Leupold - terrible - had a range finder quit reading accurately. It was hardly used and never abused. They told me to kick rocks in a very non-customer friendly way. Byeeeee leupold...
I thought they had lifetime warranty? Literally the exact opposite experience I had. That sucks dude

kdubinwa

FNG
Exo Man Gear.... called to tell them my pack belt might be too small. He said put the pack on and send me pics. Called back with several great observations and also sent me the next belt size up.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I thought they had lifetime warranty? Literally the exact opposite experience I had. That sucks dude

Nope, not on rangefinders. I believe they actually have the WORST warranty in the business regarding rangefinders. Stupid me for thinking they had lifetime warranties on all of their products. Obviously they KNOW their rangefinders don’t hold up.

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
Nope, not on rangefinders. I believe they actually have the WORST warranty in the business regarding rangefinders. Stupid me for thinking they had lifetime warranties on all of their products. Obviously they KNOW their rangefinders don’t hold up.
That's good to know. I only have scopes, I assumed it was for everything too

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
I have had to call Leupold about a couple issues over the years. They have incredible CS with their binoculars and have earned my future business for everything in which they are competitive.

Thumbs up on Sitka for a recent false alarm I had with their quality (I thought something was wrong but it wasn’t).

Big thumbs down for GoHunt Gear Shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnnyB

WKR
Razco- question about a particular option not shown on the website and a personalized e-mail response after hours adding the option to the website. Item shipped within window I was expecting.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah Outdoor Research has always been very (very) good- ditto on Cascade Designs (MSR, Thermarest, et el)

I had an Xtherm with an obnoxious slow leak this summer, couldn't find the leak even dunked in my bathtub- sent it in and had a new one shipped out pronto

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I had an issue with a pair of Stone Glacier pants and they were replaced immediately, which was extremely impressive. Gives me a ton of confidence buying their gear in the future.

Everything I have ever warranty claimed to Kuiu has been replaced after they reviewed photos. But that was a couple years ago, no recent interactions.

*zap*

WKR
Last week it cost me $50 to ship in two older thermarest mats that developed big blisters, hopefully it was worth it. I told them they were old and they gave me a return authorization #.

*zap*

WKR
I had an issue with a pair of Stone Glacier pants and they were replaced immediately, which was extremely impressive. Gives me a ton of confidence buying their gear in the future.

Everything I have ever warranty claimed to Kuiu has been replaced after they reviewed photos. But that was a couple years ago, no recent interactions.

Yup, SG is awesome to work with for issues. No bs warranty from them.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I have this EXACT thing with an xlite, I’ll have to try that here soon. Cant find a hole in the bathtub at all. Good to know!

yeah Outdoor Research has always been very (very) good- ditto on Cascade Designs (MSR, Thermarest, et el)

I had an Xtherm with an obnoxious slow leak this summer, couldn't find the leak even dunked in my bathtub- sent it in and had a new one shipped out pronto

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ worse thing was it was the pad my wife was using- she woke up to flat mattress; when Mama isn't happy- no one is happy :D