your good (or not so good) customer service interactions of late

Crotalus

Lil-Rokslider
Very good experience with Black Rifle Coffee. Was expecting a shipment but 2 weeks later DHL still hadn’t updated tracking. Went through BRC chatbot on a Saturday with no resolution so figured I’d have to call the following week. Monday morning I get an email from CS following up on the chat session and offering to make it right. Things got squared away quickly, I was really impressed by the follow-through from a chat bot session.

DHL on the other hand…

Wrench

WKR
Redhawk rifles missed the correct parts I ordered and sent replacements next day with a we're sorry letter.

Both first lite and sitka snubbed me on custom service. I had a pair of zippers fail and just chose to sew those pockets closed....and sold the other piece.

Kryptek offered me a 20% off code when I had a seam fail on a wrist of a jacket....but couldn't be used with any other discounts offered to the public, so not 100% snubbed, but not exactly a win either....but at least they answered my emails.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Posted this before I saw this thread but stopped in Stone Glacier yesterday. They replaced the stays in my old pack and the shoulder pads all no charge. Great CS.

Savage Arms- had a stock that was peeling. I contacted them and they sent me a brand new stock on their dime.

Sig Sauer- had a broken eye cup on my kilo 3000 bdx’s. I contacted them and they sent me a shipping label. I shipped them out and probably had them back in a week, repaired. No cost to me.

Johnboy

WKR
I was shorted at least 90% of the backstraps on a moose by a butcher in Fairbanks. They also knifed open every game bag instead of simply removing the meat like a civilized human. I was told they fired the guy who had been cutting game bags. But the owner refused to speak with me about any of it, and they offered no explanation about the missing straps. They (supposedly) cut me a check for a portion of the replacement cost of the game bags but offered nothing to resolve the meat shortage. I may out them and post a review at some point, but for now I'm exploring options to pursue. It's tough to prove anything with this sort of deal. Unfortunately, this is the sort of thing you have to just do yourself if you want to avoid the potential of getting screwed.

EXCELLENT LEUPOLD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
My gen 1Delta Point Pro had corroded stripped windage screws. I sent it in to Leupold for a fix and they sent back a brand new DPP. I've heard Leupold customer service was awesome but I did not think they would send me a brand new red dot.

Pgidley

FNG
Vortex - I had a pair of binos spend more time in shipping and repair at vortex than they were in my hands. Now they just live in my truck

Meopta - Excellent helpful service from Erik at Meopta, he answered a million questions and gave really good suggestions for my particular need

A3 archery - These guys were amazing, I needed new strings for a moose hunt but was finding that my usual string maker had a longer lead time than usual. I sent A3 an email and they had my strings to me the same week.

Elite Archery - These guys were able to answer questions about my fairly old (2010) backup bow, gave me the info I needed for a limb swap, along with other helpful tips in making the swap.

TripleJ

WKR
I've had amazing service from Kuiu on 2 occasions. Broken zipper on a pair of yukon rain pants after 3 years of hard use. I sent a pic and they shipped me a new pair out a day later. I had the seam tear on a shirt, and once again they sent me a new shirt out in a couple days.

I have also had amazing service from Exo in my limited experience with them.

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
Recently had very good and easy CS from Moosejaw. Straight swap of items, but taken care of immediately, which helped as hunt was coming up. If only I didn't leave it at home, I could say whether it was worth it or not...

Maidenfan539

Lil-Rokslider
Sea to summit was great for a popped pad earlier this summer. No questions asked

SG is and has been great!

rcb2000

WKR
I should start a whole thread on this, I still might, but my experience with Larry from Rent Guns and Gear was EXCELLENT.
I will recommend and use his company as much as I possibly can.
Personal service, old school integrity, top notch.
I can’t say enough good things.

JohnB

WKR
I had a Thermarest Xtherm that started getting pinholes in the baffles. After repairing a few leaks I sent it in and had a new one back to me a few weeks later. That was much appreciated with what these things cost!

I had a Thermarest Xtherm that started getting pinholes in the baffles. After repairing a few leaks I sent it in and had a new one back to me a few weeks later. That was much appreciated with what these things cost!

I had a similar experience with one of there Xlite pads. It developed a small leak that I couldn’t find, so I contacted them to see if I could send it in to get repaired, and they just said don’t bother, and sent me a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
McMillan. They made a mistake quoting a stocks’ price. And not only did they honor the quoted price, they dropped the total by 15%. That’s pretty darn impressive.

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
Gohunt- I saw a pair of boots I had purchased a week before were now on sale, I brought it up and they credited my account for the difference
Exo Mtn-I had a bear tear into one of the k2 bags that was in my truck bed, completely my fault. They got a new bag out to me in under a week

Beckjhong

WKR
Orange Aglow: over the top, above and beyond customer service. Seriously, they could take it down a couple notches and still be outstanding. Great people.

Stone Glacier: Solid support. Responsive.

Black Ovis: again, responsive, helpful, motivated to resolve issues.

Darn Tough: awesome folks

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
Cameraland is great. I called to get a tripod and head recommendation. I thought I had unrealistic requirements, but they put together a setup that I use for mountain hunting as well as almost daily at work. If I recall correctly they lined up a bunch of rebates for me and even had the rebate forms printed in the box with my stuff when it arrived.
I made a completely blind tripod decision based off the recommendation of some guy in NY. After a year and a half of hard mountain use I'm still stoked every time I use this tripod setup, and it's costs me less than a dollar a day at this point.

The Last Stand is a company out of Boise that makes pretty innovative target hangers that are great for field practice. I learned about them from this forum. I recently bought a big setup from them locally and they were great to work with. They gave me a discount for a small blemish on an AR500 plate. Which is funny, given I was fully planning on, you know, shooting it.

I've had to use the Vortex warranty a lot. I wouldn't buy a rifle scope or alpha glass from them, but it is nice to be able to have a pair of cheap binos I can hand over to an eight year old without worrying about consequences beyond paying shipping.