Your most waterproof boot

OP
T

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up with a Pair of Danner Crag Rat USA bought through Amazon. My thoughts below on what I tried
  • Crispi Valdres
  • I wanted to love both crispi options but alas they did not fit my feet. The Valdres were just too narrow in the toe box and after an hour of inside wear my pinky toes were getting irritated being jammed up on the side of the boot.

• Crispi Dakota
  • These had more room than the Valdres but again the toe box was just not comfortable this time it was the volume on top my foot I could feet the boot pressing down on the top of my whole foot but especially right on end of the toes which I thought would be a nightmare if they gave me problems at the toe nails. Construction felt great maybe I needed a wide in the crispis but while the heal was Aquent it certainly wasn’t snug enough that I thought I could use more room back there. Both boots were stiff but the rocker felt great I can see how guys say these really feel good marching up hill. If I was looking for a primary elk boot I would give these a go in wide they felt like a tank.

• Danner Crag Rat USA
  • These I read some reviews that they were narrow, so I ordered a wide and regular right out of the gate. Immediately the wide felt perfect, everything felt comfortable yet snuggly in place. Heal locked in easy yet toes could wiggle in all directions. The uppers are a very soft leather they feel broken in already around the ankle while the rand is stout and firm providing good protection. These were listed as the heaviest boot online but felt lighter then both crispi on the foot. The shank is also stiffer when trying to flex the boot in the hand and yet it felt far less ski boot like than the crispis because of the comfort of the uppers. A standard yet proven Vibram soles is under foot so traction should be good, a bit firmer rubber then the crispi so maybe not as tacky on grip but also might last longer. I was able to find these boots for $70 off as well which made them a good price. (I kept these boots)
I will do a review once I get 50-100 miles logged in these as there isn’t a ton online for them.

• Under Armour SF Bozman 2.0
  • I am not really a fan of under armour hunting gear offerings and don’t put a lot of stock in their stuff being overly durable, but they do build comfortable stuff, so I tossed this In the group based off a single rave review I read from an elk hunter on Rokslide. These are instant comfort and cinch down great but there are a lot of non-leather parts. Makes me question how long they can last and or stay watertight. They also are half the price of crispi as well. I think similar to the Salomon Quests they might be fantastic for the duration of their life but the draw back is their life isn’t that long. I ended up keeping these as well but probably wont wear them until I have a month breaking in the Danners that way they are still returnable on amazon.

• Cabelas Rim Rock
  • Un inspired fit, they just had zero feel of comfort inside, also didn’t seem like there was anyway to tighten down or get anything resembling heal lock. They look good on the outside using the same Vibram sole as crispi does, a rand, and good looking leather. A defiant no for hunting