Your sons first harvest

TFrank

WKR
I lost my 1st/only son 6 hours after he was born. It was expected but we where grateful for the time we had with my son. Would love to see your kids first harvests or sharing a good story!

my daughters might be killers we will see 😂

crich

WKR
Buddy of mine has 3 kids; 2 girls and a boy. His son couldn't care less about hunting but his 2 daughters (10 and 13) are absolute savages! Sorry for your loss I hope your girls take an interest and build that lifelong bond with you.

Sorry for your loss!!!! My oldest boy (12) drew an antelope tag this year for his very first hunt so it's exciting just getting ready for it. But my oldest (16) is my daughter, and that girl loves to be out there!! She already has 5 Blacktail bucks under her belt and she says this is her year for her first bear. Give your daughters the best experiences possible and they might be your best hunting partners

505Wapiti

WKR
I’m terribly sorry for your loss, and I say that knowing words are never enough compared to what you felt/are feeling. Sometimes the darkest moments in life can help us to see our greatest blessings if we allow it. A good friend of mine has two daughters that will hike, hunt, and play ball with the toughest men out there. I hope you have a wonderful bond with your girls that transcends many hobbies and interests throughout your lives.

below is my son (11 at the time) with his first harvest.

Attachments

• BD76DE01-5C42-419C-8689-179110138FD8.jpeg
    BD76DE01-5C42-419C-8689-179110138FD8.jpeg
    553.4 KB · Views: 73

TripleJ

WKR
I am so sorry for your loss, I can’t even begin to imagine what that must be like. We almost lost my youngest son at birth that was a tough experience.
I have friends with daughters and they are deadly little hunters. Sounds like yours might be too. I have 3 sons, here is a pic of each of their 1st bucks (blacktail).
7AF7132F-CE67-44C2-9FE2-A48EB833C2F2.jpeg
B2D4C61F-764E-4929-BE78-0A1B7935503A.jpeg88D09E5F-A704-45A8-83C3-447545D0F271.jpeg

bigger

FNG
Sorry for your loss. I'm fortunate to have 3 sons. All 3 hunt with me.
My oldest son's first deer. Shot about 10 feet from where my dad shot his first deer. My middle son can hunt next year and is super excited about it. My youngest still has a few years.
brock_deer.jpg

Attachments

• boys hunting 2016.jpg
    boys hunting 2016.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 45
  • boys hog hunting 2019.jpg
    boys hog hunting 2019.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 43
  • mason hunting 2017.jpeg
    mason hunting 2017.jpeg
    350.4 KB · Views: 42
OP, I'm sorry for your loss. I can only imagine, and just the thought puts a deep knot in my gut. That must be so difficult.

The rest of you, great work, very inspiring. I have a 6 y/o boy and 3 y/o daughter, and while I do think/hope both of them will hunt, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I ride out more lightning storms, sleep on more knife edge ridges, and cross more frigid creeks with my daughter. She's a furious little animal, tough, and tolerates more risk than my son who is quite cautious and contemplative.

Scoot

WKR
She's a furious little animal, tough, and tolerates more risk than my son who is quite cautious and contemplative.
Your son and daughter sound similar to mine. Unfortunately, my daughter's ferocity isn't really directed at hunting-- basketball, volleyball, and track (which is wonderful) . My son loves hunting, but he's a toe dipper!

MT_Fin

Lil-Rokslider
I’m sorry to hear that man, I can’t even imagine the impact of that.

My oldest turned 10 last year and was able to hunt. While he has been hunting with me since he was a baby, last year was his first as a tag holder. We hunted here in MT as well as ID. The bucks eluded him, but he was ecstatic to take a whitetail doe in both states.

This year he is hoping to find a buck.

37B48CBE-269F-4863-A2CA-EF54AEBB1907.jpeg
A322D9F3-E715-412A-8A35-CED5E22033AF.jpeg

Last edited:
OP - So sorry for your loss. My young ones don't have a first kill yet, but this is a great thread topic. Looking forward to all the posts.

Aubs8

FNG
I am sorry for your loss. We nearly lost our youngest due to sudden cardiac arrest in March. She was saved by a good friend using CPR and with a shock from an AED. We are fortunate she has fully recovered.

With both my girls, we hunted deer locally without success. I always wanted to take them on a hunting trip and was lucky enough to make it happen when each were 13, the oldest in Quebec and youngest Wyoming...great memories!

Take care.
Mike

Attachments

• 2015 Caribou Taylor  2 with me.JPG
    2015 Caribou Taylor 2 with me.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 24958.jpeg
    24958.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 49
My oldest had a scary entrance into this world, been in the NICU with him was scary, but at the same time amazing to see the people who work there every day. We felt fortunate to be able to stay with him, there were a couple other babies there whose parents could only come on the weekends and it was heartbreaking to see.

Both boys have hunted with me since they were 2, last year was the oldest’s first year behind the trigger. On the way to camp he was telling me he wanted his fist deer to be a buck and he would pass on a doe, same story the next morning when we head out walking, lasted about 12 minutes until we saw a group of does and the hunt was on. He got a doe that morning, a buck in the evening, and two turkeys the remainder of the trip. Awesome to get to experience it with them.

My sister wasn’t very interested in hunting growing up and my wife didn’t hunt when she was younger, but both are fairly avid hunters and fishers now so even if your children aren’t super into it at a young age they may grow into it.

Hang in there man, every time I hear about a baby passing away it almost makes me vomit. We lost our 3 month old daughter in March to SIDS. Reach out if you ever need an ear. It's the worst club to be in, and it's hard to find people that can relate or who know to stop trying to relate and just listen. Limit your time online (especially some rokslide threads) or be very intentional on what you're looking at. Watching other people complain online about their trivial BS when you're dealing with one of the worst imaginable circumstances any human could be in can feed some pretty horrible thoughts. Take care

hunt1up

WKR
My daughter turned 10 this past January and this past fall I decided she was ready to actually get behind the trigger. Here’s the two deer she shot, the doe with a crossbow, buck with a muzzleloader. She’s hooked. My 8 year old son is hassling me to get him a tag so it’s time to start some more shooting practice.
6f351c4cd61bd5c359cc4867a9a8bcb5.jpg

2f372a0b64c299fc589a3a78009dbbe9.jpg