Your sons first harvest

BowMan86

FNG
I lost my 1st/only son 6 hours after he was born. It was expected but we where grateful for the time we had with my son. Would love to see your kids first harvests or sharing a good story!

my daughters might be killers we will see 😂
I took my 12 year old son the hunt the Dalton Highway for Caribou last year. It was his fist big game hunt and my first real hunt in Alaska. Neither of us had ever seen a Caribou before, nor have we ever done any hunt that would require us to carry our camps on our back and stay out overnight. It ended up being a lot of work and days of packing out meat, but we had a great time and both harvested caribou on the first morning. I was super proud of how he handled everything and he made a perfect shot on his first big game animal ever.

Attachments

• 924C5C29-09CF-450C-ADF1-7A2BB227E2F0.jpeg
    924C5C29-09CF-450C-ADF1-7A2BB227E2F0.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 17

BowMan86

FNG
I took my 12 year old son the hunt the Dalton Highway for Caribou last year. It was his fist big game hunt and my first real hunt in Alaska. Neither of us had ever seen a Caribou before, nor have we ever done any hunt that would require us to carry our camps on our back and stay out overnight. It ended up being a lot of work and days of packing out meat, but we had a great time and both harvested caribou on the first morning. I was super proud of how he handled everything and he made a perfect shot on his first big game animal ever.
The caribou post was my oldest son, I also took my now 11 year old son on his first hunt for hogs when we lived in Texas. While not as physically demanding as the caribou hunt, it was a great time and we had tons of fun. I was able to take out all three of my boys and my nephew along with my dad on a “guys trip”. We ended up taking 6 hogs but my 11 year old was the only one of the kids able to get a hog. I am still trying to get my daughter out, but she keeps flipping back and forth on whether she wants to hunt or not. Maybe this year will be her year!

Attachments

• 0BCE2AAD-0C88-4B44-A50C-7D1432911D1D.jpeg
    0BCE2AAD-0C88-4B44-A50C-7D1432911D1D.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 4F11D534-CF21-48FD-A073-47FB0F099824.jpeg
    4F11D534-CF21-48FD-A073-47FB0F099824.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

vortex

Lil-Rokslider
6a43c469d612eec59a98432a2be1f293.jpg

d853346a749e20bdd10d1c5f4b4902d7.jpg

c89838f48603b665679ecd7e2df767e8.jpg

Blessed in so many ways. My son (13) and oldest daughter (20) are ate up with hunting especially bowhunting. My youngest daughter (18) hunted hard with me when she was younger but loves the social life a bit more than hunting nowadays but she has killed many deer and other animals also. These are the first bowkills of my oldest daughter and son in last couple years. I was blessed to be sitting next to both of them when they released the arrows. Heart pounding and overcome with emotions. I had drempt about this since they were born since bowhunting is my ultimate passion. Now they can navigate the woods alone with a compass and gps in hand and hunt lokons 25 feet up without me. I cant wait to spend so many more hunting seasons high up in a tree with them for years to come. Be safe and happy hunting! Dont kid yourself, daughters will be as hard core with this as will be sons!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro lol

OP
TFrank

TFrank

WKR
To the OP, I offer my thoughts and prayers towards solace for your loss.
This post really got to me. I have been a lurker on RS for years, but had not registered because of bad forum experiences on other sites. Your post caused me to sign up.

I have been blessed with 2 beautiful daughters, who are now incredible young adults. Neither of them had the passion to join me in my hunting and fishing adventures, and I never pushed it onto them.

Then my youngest daughter met a young man who is an outdoorsman. She came to me and wanted to try her hand at deer hunting. She wanted dad to teach her how to do things right, so that her and her beau could enjoy time together in the outdoors. Looking back today, I know how special that moment was in my own life.

You see, we nearly lost this incredible woman at birth. She was born many weeks premature, and spent 2+ months in an NIC ICU. Now she is a college graduate and is as driven, caring, strong and creative as anyone that you will ever meet.

Our first deer hunt together, laying in that cold fence line, is one that I hope to never forget. She calmly shot this whitetail buck, while I on the other hand was a complete wreck. I am incredibly lucky to get the opportunity to experience this together with her.
View attachment 304712
She has since backed up that whitetail with a muledeer the following year, and I cannot wait to go hunting with her again.

View attachment 304713
humbly welcome you. I appreciate you sharing your story. :)