Your thoughts? Lightweight Sling non-slip and padded

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nothing on the market gave me the features I wanted, so I made my own sling. While shooting the other day, a buddy asked for a sling based on my design, though simpler.

Anything Rokslide wants to add or take away?

Main features: lightweight, comfortable, padded, non slip grip, adjustable, quick detatch, tripod shooting loop, and the swivel is not sewn in.

Optional features: The version I prefer also includes an arm cuff for sling shooting and a loop for tripod shooting.

Detatchable: I carry it over my shoulder/neck across my body quite often, so I included a side release buckle for quickly taking it off without knocking my hat off or having to raise the rifle over my head.

Padded: uses closed cell foam so it won't become a sponge.

Non slip: textured rubberized nylon is sewn into the padded portion.

Weight, sub 3 ounces.

20210209_180204.jpg20210209_180218.jpg20210209_180012.jpg20210209_180404.jpg20210209_180506.jpg

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Product will be available at the link below when released in the next week or so. The sling is not on the website yet. I may make final tweaks if I get any feedback calling for it. I will PM you, post a link here, and may make a new post as well.

www.thunderbirdlongrange.com

Thanks for the interest!

ChrisAU

WKR
Perhaps a tri-glide/slider (same piece used at top and bottom in your pics where sling swivels would go) under the buckle with the end of the length altering strap run through it so you can secure that loose tail of strap when the sling is cinched up short?

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Perhaps a tri-glide/slider (same piece used at top and bottom in your pics where sling swivels would go) under the buckle with the end of the length altering strap run through it so you can secure that loose tail of strap when the sling is cinched up short?

Yes, I can put a keeper there to hold down the tail.

slowelk

WKR
Cool, I'm in for one. How wide is the webbing? Need to order hardware.

slowelk

WKR
These are as-advertised on the weight and no-slip, my magpul QD hardware is heavier than the whole sling. Looking forward to putting it to use through the 2021 seasons.

ChrisAU

WKR
Got one in last week, looking forward to testing it out soon, still waiting on a stock for the rifle I got it for. Gotta say the Ranger green/Coyote combo is nice looking.