Your thoughts? UL waterproof rifle cover for packing

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yeah, I wanted a full cover for all the reasons you gave. With tape over the muzzle, I feel really good about this

Simple is always best. Its all elastic so one handed easy off, basically like taking two neoprene covers off. It can go on either direction.

No buckles, no velcro, no hassle.

Here is the working prototype and I put in a couple pulls so gloved hands can work it. Just need to size it for different scope lengths.

20210215_123635.jpg20210215_123653.jpg20210215_123733.jpg

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
I had some left over sil-poly from a tarp build and made a muzzle brake condom. Dont have any shock cord on hand so I just hit it with a few rubber bands. Its help up well on a couple hikes. If i forget its on and shoot im not out much of anything as well.

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ll be ordering the action scope wrap next paycheck, looks perfect.
I have been wanting something to cover my scope and action since my last hunt busting through oak, sitting in snow, and generally getting the most crap on my action and scope I ever have. Having seen triggers go down at competitions, I especially wanted to keep it covered from dust when it is sitting on my bipod in the desert blowing up moon dust if nothing else. I know mine will eventually fail if I don't keep it clean, during a hunt would suck.

Lawnboi

WKR
I have been wanting something to cover my scope and action since my last hunt busting through oak, sitting in snow, and generally getting the most crap on my action and scope I ever have. Having seen triggers go down at competitions, I especially wanted to keep it covered from dust when it is sitting on my bipod in the desert blowing up moon dust if nothing else. I know mine will eventually fail if I don't keep it clean, during a hunt would suck.
I filled an action in dust last year in Montana. Always like to have something on hand to keep snow and freezing rain out of the action. Up till now I used a full rifle cover but that just doesn’t seem necessary when I’m taping my muzzle anyways. This should be perfect.