YOUR TOP (3) LE UTAH ELK UNITS?

mcoleba

FNG
Pretty curious what you would rank your top (3) LE areas for Elk (Mature Bulls) in Utah.

I always here waging opinions for different areas.
With Bull to Cow ratio, Avg bull size and numbers all over the place. Keep accessibility for public vs. private also in mind.

Pic for attention of my buddies recent MT Bull.
4c6c680d3acbd29330aaa39b4664599f.jpg

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
"Top 3" is a loaded question, because I have a different top 3 that I would like to hunt as a bucket list than my realistic top 3.

Having said that, for good opportunity at good (not world record) bulls, I would say:

1. Manti
2. Fish Lake
3. Dutton

OP
M

mcoleba

FNG
"Top 3" is a loaded question, because I have a different top 3 that I would like to hunt as a bucket list than my realistic top 3.

Having said that, for good opportunity at good (not world record) bulls, I would say:

1. Manti
2. Fish Lake
3. Dutton
Definitely agree. Bucket list can be very different from realistic. I spent some time last spring in fish lake and put on some good miles. My issue was getting to accessible parts that seemed good for big bulls. A lot of cliffs terrain that locked out those "honey hole" spots it seemed like but I could be wrong or just in bad area. I like to avoid trail/road access as much as I can.

I'm not very familiar with other areas but I have wanted to get some bigger bulls on camera just for fun or find some sheds in the process.

I do have a friend that guides the Manti, he let me know that horseback was a good majority of how they located the big boys.

Public any bull areas would be another good conversation I'd love to dive into some day. I have nailed down some great areas for bulls for it. Just haven't seen much success when season hits.

My top 3 atm bucket list would probably be:

1. Fish Lake
2. San Juan
3. Manti

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Wassid82

WKR
Fish lake
Manti
Monroe

I've seen some killer nice bulls while hunting with my grandfather over the years. And while driving around the southwest desert I have also seen some very worthy bulls.

This is a tough one.
It depends on how many bonus points you are willing to spend and your expectations. Many units in Utah have quality bulls. I have had the opportunity to hunt LE elk in UT 2 times and harvested good bulls each time. 1st was 2001 Nebo, 2nd was 2011 Fishlake both were archery tags. with this being said my picks would be

Pahvant
Monroe
SW Desert