Youth Bino Harness

spdrman

WKR
Boy turns 10 in a couple weeks and means he can start hunting big game!! So I got him some razor binos for his birthday, looking for a good bino harness for him, he has a FHF for his current binos but still doesn’t get very tight on his little frame, without buying them all was wondering if someone new of a harness that adjusted a little smaller for little people
Thanks
Jordan

and a couple pics from his spring Turkey just because! 98F730F6-A117-4D94-8078-3E7F6F476261.jpeg
EAE734FD-B73B-49B3-8698-72732DB633CE.jpeg

Last edited:

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Now you have me thinking about adding an item to my line of kid sized stuff.

Meanwhile, the SG might work. Mine looks like it would adjust down that small. I just wish the shoulder straps were a little wider, and I intend to wrap them with a softer material such as fleece or flannel.

OP
spdrman

spdrman

WKR
Now you have me thinking about adding an item to my line of kid sized stuff.

Meanwhile, the SG might work. Mine looks like it would adjust down that small. I just wish the shoulder straps were a little wider, and I intend to wrap them with a softer material such as fleece or flannel.
I’ve thought about getting some webbing and just sewing up a new set of straps for the FHF he already has but was hoping to give that to his brother as well, either way I need another harness

I’ve thought about getting some webbing and just sewing up a new set of straps for the FHF he already has but was hoping to give that to his brother as well, either way I need another harness

I looked at this before i got the SG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
spdrman

spdrman

WKR

That’d be easier than me trying to learn how to sew haha

Seth

WKR
I have an older Alps bino harness my kids used starting at 8-9 years old. Lots of adjustment in the straps, reasonable price, and enough security for my older Nikons.

OP
spdrman

spdrman

WKR
Maybe a yolk style that isn’t an actual pouch?
Started him out with that, would like you have to have those razors in an enclosed case to jeep them in better shape over years of use

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
My son is 13 now, he started wearing one at 11. He began with marsupial, Went to AGC, then first version muley freak, And went back to AGC Kodiak cub. Lots of selling and buying on rokslide. He’s not a big kid, he’s able to draw his bow while wearing it, carries a pair of 10x42 and a rangefinder, recently he added a bear spray can for our trip to Montana.

sndmn11

WKR

This gets small enough my 30lb 3 year old can tighten it down.

Midas06

Lil-Rokslider
If you haven’t already purchased I’d recommend looking at the marsupial gear small harness with the youth straps

RS3579

WKR
Will the marsupial harness work with other brands? That’s a nice setup for a kid. Xmas is coming

OP
spdrman

spdrman

WKR
ended up sticking with the FHF, with a little bulk of his fall hunting clothes on it fit alot better than just his tshirt onIMG_8418.jpg

OP
spdrman

spdrman

WKR
Will the marsupial harness work with other brands? That’s a nice setup for a kid. Xmas is coming
My buddy just got a marsupial bino pack, looking at it I think the buckles are the same size as the FHF, next time i see him i was going to see if it would snap on the FHF if so i'll order that harness for both my boys

RS3579

WKR
My buddy just got a marsupial bino pack, looking at it I think the buckles are the same size as the FHF, next time i see him i was going to see if it would snap on the FHF if so i'll order that harness for both my boys
Please keep us posted. Thank you

Marsupial I believe makes an adapter for the bino harness just for kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rookhawk

FNG
FHF was the right answer all along. Call Paul and he’ll sew an FHF gear harness for a smaller frame. My kids used them at age 7 onward for big game hunting. They’ve put a lot of miles on them and they hold up great. It’s the crossing angle on the back that changes, as does the size of the area their head goes through.