Youth bow better than Diamond Infinite Edge

TheCougar

WKR
My son has a Diamond Infinite Edge, which he has been shooting on and off for a few years. My brother wants to get his boy into archery, and I thought about maybe selling him my son's bow if I could make an upgrade. I'm not sure if there is much of an upgrade to be had at the $400 price point though. He's skin and bones, so I have to keep the bow weight down and the lower end of the draw weight needs to be 30# or so. I've taken a peek at the Mission Radik and Hammr, and the Hoyt Fireshot, and PSE Uprising. Are any of those (or any others) definite and substantial upgrades to the Infinite Edge?

Diamond SB-1, its just a more refined bow all around than the infinite edge. Deeper cam string grooves, marks on the riser for tracking draw weight adjustment, better cam design, better stock strings, just all around a step up. I would replace the rest first thing if you get the package deal. One thing I know about alot of the other youth bows is they are really heavy compared to the Diamonds. No affiliation with Diamond just found they work really well for new archers, youth and women.

agtex42

FNG
How old is your nephew? Fwiw my boys are still shooting R/D longbows (8 & 4) and we’ve had a blast with them. My youngest is basically just a “watch the arrow fly” kind of guy, but big bro is now to the point that he cares about hitting what he’s looking at. He’s come a long way in the last couple of years with regard to form and consistency, it been nice to focus on having fun without all the extra equipment concerns and I’m confident they’ll ha e any easy transition to a compound once were ready to go that direction.

OR Archer

WKR
I honestly can’t stand the diamond youth bows. I think they’re just cheap overseas crap.
The Mission line is probably the best adjustable youth bows for price and quality. The Hammr is great for growing kids.

HODL

FNG
Not sure if they still make it but the Bowtech Fuel is a great alternative. I killed two elk and two bucks with mine before I decommissioned it and dialed it down from 65lbs to something like 20 lbs that my 10 year old can pull back.