• The forum is under construction. Thanks for your patience

Youth Clothing/Boots

I’m taking my daughter on her first western hunt (WY antelope) and need to get her clothing and boots. Where do you guys get you sized clothes and boots? Not looking for Kuiu or Sitka level at this point. Thanks in advance.

bluetick78

I know that you just said that you're not looking for Sitka level gear.....however Sitka is having a sale on their youth clothing right now that might make it more attractive. I bought a bunch for 2 of my kids. For boots, both my son and daughter are using Keen kids boots right now. Waterproofing seems to hold up, and they don't get blisters.

SLDMTN

My daughter ran Keen hiking boots and liked them as well, got them on sale from REI. We were in relatively rough and hilly terrain. We found Sitka gear here in the classifieds for a good price. It’s still a little big on her but it works great and is holding up awesome.

SLDMTN

One thing I will note; while the Sitka gear is a little spendy, it has expandable legs and arms. You can let them out and add a couple inches to each. For rain gear we have run Columbia, North Face, REI, whatever’s on the best sale.

In all honesty, good non-cotton base layers if cool out (think merino), jeans or any hunting pant, a hoody or any decent hunting top and a jacket... preferably that blocks a little wind.
You do not need highly technical gear for lopes. Do get her knee pads and leather gloves for the little cactus, a must.