Youth Clothing/Boots

Fishforfun

Lil-Rokslider
I’m taking my daughter on her first western hunt (WY antelope) and need to get her clothing and boots. Where do you guys get you sized clothes and boots? Not looking for Kuiu or Sitka level at this point. Thanks in advance.

I know that you just said that you're not looking for Sitka level gear.....however Sitka is having a sale on their youth clothing right now that might make it more attractive. I bought a bunch for 2 of my kids. For boots, both my son and daughter are using Keen kids boots right now. Waterproofing seems to hold up, and they don't get blisters.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
My daughter ran Keen hiking boots and liked them as well, got them on sale from REI. We were in relatively rough and hilly terrain. We found Sitka gear here in the classifieds for a good price. It’s still a little big on her but it works great and is holding up awesome.

dQfoNWq.jpg

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing I will note; while the Sitka gear is a little spendy, it has expandable legs and arms. You can let them out and add a couple inches to each. For rain gear we have run Columbia, North Face, REI, whatever’s on the best sale.

manitou1

WKR
In all honesty, good non-cotton base layers if cool out (think merino), jeans or any hunting pant, a hoody or any decent hunting top and a jacket... preferably that blocks a little wind.
You do not need highly technical gear for lopes. Do get her knee pads and leather gloves for the little cactus, a must.

2lbScout

FNG
Salomon has a great boot if you still are in search of boots. I bought these for my kids, great for fall/winter. I also found a cheap pair of gators on amazon for $15 bucks for the winter months. Perfect for them 9 and 11yr old.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 5.45.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 5.45.32 PM.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 14
OP
F

Fishforfun

Lil-Rokslider
Salomon has a great boot if you still are in search of boots. I bought these for my kids, great for fall/winter. I also found a cheap pair of gators on amazon for $15 bucks for the winter months. Perfect for them 9 and 11yr old.
Thanks. I’ll take a look at those.

I with a few of the other guys on here, I tend to get my kids hunting clothing from either Cabela's, Walmart or the closest Columbia outlet store heck I get most of mine at the local Columbia store as well....I has surprised me from time to time just how much you can save buying it in the months following hunting season.

Wrench

WKR
If you follow guys like luke, Whaley and even my daughters, you'll see they don't always look like a hunting catalog kid.....sometimes it's a pink ski jacket.

Buy quality that fits first....color last. Don't skimp on boots. If it's wet, get kids gaiters. Kids boots are not tall enough to keep dry due to wicking.