Youth muzzleloader, need a brake?

dunns7

FNG
Any recommendations for youth setup? I'd be happy to put a brake on one if it helps recoil. 13 year old daughter shooting it, she's confident around guns and is a good shooter. Looking for an elk setup.

Thanks

I started my daughter on a 50 cal smoke pole and just reduced it down to 30 grains of FFF just to let her get used to it, she was 12 at the time. By the 4th time out practicing I kept telling her we were going to bump up the powder each time till we got to my normal load, she shrugged and said ok. So over 4 trips and probably 40-50 shots we worked up to the 80 grains I normally shoot. Just kept creeping up 5 or so at a time so it never had a "WOW" factor to her when she pulled the trigger.

Nick87

Lil-Rokslider
No brake here. Loaded my step son up with 50 grains of powder and 250 gr. Hornady sabot for practice bumped it up to about 75 grains and sighted it in for hunting season. (POI didn't change a while lot as he wasn't shooting past 50 yards). Shot his first deer around 40 yards,passed through both shoulder blades dead right there. He's super recoil sensitive more scared than anything but no complaints from the muzzleloader.