Youtube jockeys losing credibility

Enjoy watching videos just because I don't get to hunt out west, yet. When I get my first hunt, cow, spike, rag horn, as long as it is legal I am fully sending a projectile.
I'm definitely in the shoot the first legal animal camp, even when I tell myself to hold out. This year I truly did hold out and passed a few decent opportunities on animals I could have pursued harder. Guess what...empty freezer (plus I had Covid, strep, and food poisoning during elk season so there's a whole list of great excuses haha).

Next season I'm throwing arrows at the first spike who walks by, or cow if I have that tag too. What I thought I would gain from "trophy hunting" ended up making me enjoy the season less.

I love watching videos in the offseason because it keeps me excited about elk. Same reason I shoot my bow every day, and my rifle regularly, and repack my pack 6 times in January for no reason, and sometimes boil coffee with my MSR stove, and waste time chatting with you guys on here...I love elk hunting. I wish the shows were more realistic, but the truth is those of us who love hunting will watch 6 hours of guys stalking bulls on youtube...we don't care if they actually shoot one or how big it is. Most casual hunters and viewers want the "oh my gosh that thing is so huge" experience. We are the weirdos :)