You've killed a wolf, now what?

Rob5589

WKR
Was talking to the wife and she asked what I would do with it, on the ultra rare chance I shot one, and I really wasn't sure. Not a full rug mount due to expense. Probably go with a euro style skull.

So, what do you do with it? Are you doing a full mount, rug, skull, etc?

I always tell myself I would go full mount with the first one. Probably sell the pelts of the rest and keep the skulls. I know that is pretty ambitious and very expensive for a full mount but I'd be too excited not to.

A full wolf mount would be cool but expensive my first coyote I trapped was done on a pedestal I like how that looks might be a good in between

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAKPAKR

WKR
My brother had his first wolf done in a full mount. It was a big wolf, and the mount is really impressive. He has a friend that has a “soft” mount of a wolf (kind of like a Build-A-Bear but hunter friendly). I think that is the way I am going to go if I ever get one.

My brother had his first wolf done in a full mount. It was a big wolf, and the mount is really impressive. He has a friend that has a “soft” mount of a wolf (kind of like a Build-A-Bear but hunter friendly). I think that is the way I am going to go if I ever get one.

Do you have any pics? I've also had the same question as the OP. I've also wondered what taxidermist would do a good job on a full body mount. Not too many of them handle wolves, wouldn't want mine to look like a fox after the time and money spent, if you know what I mean.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Do you have any pics? I've also had the same question as the OP. I've also wondered what taxidermist would do a good job on a full body mount. Not too many of them handle wolves, wouldn't want mine to look like a fox after the time and money spent, if you know what I mean.

Check your PMs.

sdcowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I’d Ike to see the soft mount pics. I’m heading to Canada hunting them and was having the same dilemma

kiddogy

WKR
Was talking to the wife and she asked what I would do with it, on the ultra rare chance I shot one, and I really wasn't sure. Not a full rug mount due to expense. Probably go with a euro style skull.

So, what do you do with it? Are you doing a full mount, rug, skull, etc?
at the very least I would have it tanned. pretty inexpensive to do so.

don't know where you killed it but...…….
Foundation 4 Wildlife Management. They are a group offering reimbursement up to 500 dollars in proof of receipts for hunting related items upon checking in a legally taken wolf in the Panhandle.

FLAK

WKR
Prolly have it case skinned, tanned and hang it up somewhere.
And of course I'd clean up the skull.

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
at the very least I would have it tanned. pretty inexpensive to do so.

don't know where you killed it but...…….
Foundation 4 Wildlife Management. They are a group offering reimbursement up to 500 dollars in proof of receipts for hunting related items upon checking in a legally taken wolf in the Panhandle.
Any where in idaho and last i heard it was up to 700 or so dollars depending on expenses

kiddogy

WKR
moyle mink and tannery

Heyburn Idaho 866-826-3877

last I heard a coyote was $25
bobcat $29

you would have to check with them on the wolf price