Yukon Waterproof Rifle Case Info Needed

buzzy

WKR
Posting this in the gear forum as well. Does anyone have any experience with the Yukon waterproof rifle cases? The Nomar waterproof cases are quite a bit more and their standard case is too short for my rifle. It’s a bit expensive to go a custom size what Nomar and I don’t hunt Alaska much but do occasionally and will have a float hunt or two at some point in time so was considering the Yukon. Thanks

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Nomar case, and I sure like it for floats up here. Been to the company store/production site in Homer several times, and it's full of good people. Therefore, I'm biased.

The standard Nomar fits my 44.5 inch 375H&H just fine, but that's way shorter than your 51 incher. I've got no experience with the Yukon.

Sounds like you've already done your homework well. Nonetheless, out of curiosity I did take a picture of my standard Nomar case next to a tape-measure, and your rifle length would not leave enough room to roll and clip (as you already know).

I included the picture below just as a reference for you...
IMG_4283.jpg

OP
B

buzzy

WKR
Thank you very much AKDoc for taking the time to take the pic. I like the Nomar too but not sure it’s worth $120 more than the Yukon.