Z3 vs SHV

RS3579

WKR
I just purchased a Browning xbolt hell’s canyon 300WSM. I am undecided on a scope. I wanted the SHV until I handled it at the local sporting goods store. It’s a little heavier than I thought. I have a Z3 on another rifle and like it a lot. I want to keep the setup as light as possible. What are the main differences of the SHV and Z3. Is one that much better than the other? The Z3 is about 1/2 lb lighter. All shots less than 450 yards. No scope dialing will be done. 3-10x42 are the models I’m interested in. Thanks

Both are fine scopes but I just got a second SHV. Put the 4-14X56mm on my 300WM and got the 5-20X56mm for my 6.5 Creedmoor. NF is as tough as they come with fast, exemplary customer care. I prefer the illuminated reticle and for the first time in my life, am able to ring steel at 1000 yards. Hoping to stretch that to 1200 with the new AR10 this month. Then again, I'm a go big or go home type and have older eyes. The bigger objective helps for hunting in low light and at longer distances. Maybe you don't need this.

4-14X56 scope.jpg

Last edited:

Hogyotedeer

Banned
I don't hunt at night but even with that I think the reticle choices on the SHV aren't even good low light choices. I have the MOAR model, I love the reticle in the 3.5-15 but it doesn't show up near as well in the lower powered 3-10 SHV. I finally got a look at the IHR model I that is no low light reticle either.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The NF is a tougher build for sure. if you are not dialing and weight is a strong consideration than the Swarovski will be a better option in a hunting scope.
It's our pleasure to discuss the different options with you.

LightFoot

WKR
Sounds like you really want to stick with the Swaro. They are great scopes and it will serve you well.

Save the weight and go with the better glass on the Swaro.

>>>----JAKE----->

OP
R

RS3579

WKR
Sounds like you really want to stick with the Swaro. They are great scopes and it will serve you well.

Save the weight and go with the better glass on the Swaro.

>>>----JAKE----->
This is what I’ll do. Thanks.

Wapiti1

WKR
I put the 3-10 Z3 on my mountain rifle. A 7lb all in .300 Win Mag. I contemplated all sorts of scopes, but decided that rifle wasn't one that I would dial on, so I went with a set it and forget it scope. I did get the BRH reticle for some insurance.

The SHV is a great scope as well, but I see it filling a different need.

Just my opinion.

Jeremy

OP
R

RS3579

WKR
This all reinforces my decision of a Z3. Now to find a deal on one. I’ll have to give a call to Camera Land.