Zamberlan 1996's anyone?

letrbuck

WKR
Haven't used that boot specifically, but having outfitted a TON of people with boots, and used many that are similar they should be great. It's essentially a one piece leather boot, which is great. They should break in well and be very durable if you keep the leather conditioned.

Have you tried them on? That's the most important thing...

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Haven't used that boot specifically, but having outfitted a TON of people with boots, and used many that are similar they should be great. It's essentially a one piece leather boot, which is great. They should break in well and be very durable if you keep the leather conditioned.

Have you tried them on? That's the most important thing...
I have, and they suck my foot in and cradle my heel really well. Like you said, one piece leather (and heavy duty) so I suspect once they are finally broken in, they could be a 20+ year boot like my Whites.

letrbuck

WKR
If they're comfortable from the get go, you are getting just a little bit if heel lift, and the toe box isn't crowded, you should be in good shape. If something feels "off" from the initial fit, break in may not solve it.

That boot is pretty close to the Asolo 535, which I've burned through a few of. The soles should turn into racing slicks before you have too many problems with the rest of the boot

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been wearing those boots for 2 seasons now and so far the have been great. I have hunted both early archery elk in the mountains and late season deer on the Oregon coast in the rain forest and always dry.

I did replace the insoles with super feet but I do that with all my boots

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
I’ve been wearing those boots for 2 seasons now and so far the have been great. I have hunted both early archery elk in the mountains and late season deer on the Oregon coast in the rain forest and always dry.

I did replace the insoles with super feet but I do that with all my boots

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I plan on putting superfeet green in mine. I ordered a pair of the Z 1996's. Fingers crossed!

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Got them in and man, what a robust boot. But still VERY comfortable. As stiff as they are (that one piece leather body is thick!) they have a nice rocker on the sole that makes walking very normal. Been breaking them in on morning walks with the dog and short hikes. No issues whatsoever so far, aside from needing to break them in some more. Boots like these will need a six month break in for the amount of use I give them, but after that they might be the last hiking/hunting boots I own. They are exceptionally well built.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
The more I use these boots, the more I realize I might have found "my" ultimate boot. Just spent 6 hours running a saw, swamping brush and logs and burning down brushpiles. Theses things fit like a running shoe but wear and protect like my Whites loggers. Stiff and durable but not uncomfortable. I have no idea how Zamberlan made such a stiff boot so comfortable. But they did. I came in after wearing myself smooth out and forgot to take them off. Can't say that about any boot I've ever had before.

I think these just retired all my other hiking/hunting boots. If you need a great all-rounder, give them a look.