ZAMBERLAN 4014 LYNX MID GTX® RR BOA Hunting Boots

P.J. Pzak

FNG
Anybody got their hands on a pair of the Zamberlan 4014 lynx with the Boa lacing system?

I'm just finding out after almost 30 years that I have wide feet and that I don't have to deal with crappy fitting footwear anymore. Zamberlan USA website says the Lynx with the boa system can fit feet from C-EE. I'm pretty excited to give them a try.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Trial153

WKR
I have the regular lynx and really like them, not sure I can kill them but if I ever do I will get the new version with the BOA
My experience with a pair of SIMMS BOA wading boots has been better then postive, they been excellent. The lacing is fast and secure you can really get it right for your foot. I wouldnt be afraid to try it on a hunting boot.

OP
P.J. Pzak

P.J. Pzak

FNG
Thanks. I ordered and returned a pair of the Zamberlan Kodiak 1101(just too narrow) and was quickly sold on the the quality. Should have the Lynx next week!

OP
P.J. Pzak

P.J. Pzak

FNG
I wouldn't mind hearing some feedback on the fit of the ZWL Last.
Well, I have the Lynx and am very happy with my purchase. the ZWL last is is a pretty good fit for me. most brands im a 11.5. I went with an 11 for the Zamberlans.

I have large ankles and legs so the extra room I'm the Achilles area seems to reduce the lace pressure points when I really crank down the boa laces. Just enough room that my heal stays in place.

If I get fitted with a brannock device they say I'm not a wide but if I pull out an insole of most brands of shoes/boots my foot, especially in the toe area, hangs over on sides. My foot fits on the outline of the ZWL insole quite well and Im very happy I went with the wide last. I like the extra room but it's not so much that my foot swims in them.

I think after I get them good and broken in I'll have a great pair of boots for my first backpacking hunt out west this fall.

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have any updates on their Lynx specifically relating to leaking? Looking pretty hard at some uninsulated zamberlan boots. I’m done with the Salomon 4d’s for hunting.

OP
P.J. Pzak

P.J. Pzak

FNG
Anybody have any updates on their Lynx specifically relating to leaking? Looking pretty hard at some uninsulated zamberlan boots. I’m done with the Salomon 4d’s for hunting.
I have crossed some small shallow creeks and streams here and there with no problem. My elk hunt was pretty dry so haven't really had to put them through the ringer yet.

I am also looking at these boots. Thanks for the thoughts. Anyone looking at BOA boots should buy their cheap “rebuild” kit and keep it in your pack. I accidentally got a pair of cabelas BOA boots to close to the fire and it cooked the BOA so they didnt work anymore.

Trial153

WKR
While I have found boa repair kits I havent seen a complete install kit to add a boa to boot...does anyone know if they sell the whole system as aftermarket deal?

WKR
How is the BOA system? I really like my lynx boots but the leather is wearing down considerably in the toe. The extended rand on this version looks to solve that problem. I should get another season out of the ones that I have but I might pick up a pair of these in case they don't. The BOA lacing system has me on the fence on wither to purchase these or not. Do they stay tight after lacing and if they break is there a way to fix them in the woods?

OP
P.J. Pzak

P.J. Pzak

FNG
I don't mind the the boa system. I'm just shy of a year running them(one western trip, plenty of upland hunting and weekly hikes.) I haven't had any problems with them failing in my limited time with them. Overall the boa laces seem pretty solid.

I don't think that there is a way to fix in the woods without having the repair kit. The kit is affordable and repair videos make it look to be pretty easy but I'm guessing it will be a pain in the ass if/when i have to do it in the woods. It's not a fear that I'm too worried about so just carry the repair kit in the pack and forget about it.

After the initial lace up I hike a bit have to give it a few more clicks and and they stay snug with no issues.

overall great quality boots.