Zamberlan 966 960 980 981

I ordered these to try out, couldn't find them locally for sale anywhere. Multiple sites had them for $225-$250 for the last couple weeks. I tried on the 966 felt great but I'm looking for something cooler and lighter for early season.

5ebc15585fb8e059e4a4a228
I was looking at these as well! Let us know how you like them!

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at these as well! Let us know how you like them!

I tried on a ton of boots for early season next year and could only keep one, I ended up sending these back. Its not because they weren't great I just didn't want something that tall for where I hunt in the summer, I settled on the Kuiu Scarpa R-Evo. The Zamberlan fit true to size and had a very nice roomy toe box, they were super light on the foot and had great ankle support and nice rocker in the sole for flat terrain. I got them from Campsaver and the return process was easy. I still think maybe I should have just kept them, got them on sale for $253. If I ever wear out my later season boots I'll probably replace them with the Storm Pro.

prm

WKR
Just ran across this today. Can anyone compare these Zamberlans (1104 or 966) to Crispi Colorado, Crispi Guide GTX, or Salomon Quest? I have these three and they are a range from somewhat stiff to soft.

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
Been looking for any feed back on the zamberlan 1104. Seems not much info out there. Wish I could find them in store as they seem like a great boot

w_div

FNG
I asked this on the main forum and got no feedback, figured I’d try here.

I’m entertaining picking up a new pair of boots. There is nowhere near me to try them on, so that scenario is out.

I’ve been running Asolo 520gv’s for about 10 years as my non-insulated boot, danner elk hunter with 400 grams when I’m less mobile, and danner pronghorn 1200 gram for stand sitting.

I was considering the Zamberlan 960 or 980 until I saw the 966 and 981. How much stiffer is the 981 than the 980? For those who have worn the Asolo 520gv, are either of the zamberlan boots stiffer than the Asolo?

I mainly hunt western PA but hope to make trips to the west mountains more often over the oncoming years.

Also, I never wore a 10” boot. I think my highest boot is 8”. I’ve never felt at a disadvantage with an 8” or shorter boot. Is there a big benefit to a 10” 980 / 981 over the 7” 960 / 966? I wear gaiters religiously in wet and snow.

Lastly. For tennis shoes I wear Nike. I’ve tried every other brand, and nothing fits me like a Nike. The danners and asolos fit good too. For those of you that have wore Zamberlan, kenetrek, crispi, etc. which would you say are the closest fit to nike, Asolo, danner?

This is going to be online ordering because there is nowhere around here to try them on at. And I’m lazy.....not gonna Drive a great distance to try on various brands of boots. I’ll just order from somewhere with a good return policy.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got a ton of mileage on my Zam 960s, got some 966s about a year ago. I like both boots for my area, N Idaho. They run about 1/2 size small IMO, where my Kenetreks and Danners are spot on. 11s on the kens/danner and 11.5 on the zamberlans.

I have moved to using the Salewa Raspace in the early season bow and upland. They have held up nicely, fit well, light and great support. Just a little bit less from a stiffness perspective over the Zamberlans IMO.