Zamberlan 980 Outfitter vs 981 Wasatch

Does anyone have experience with both of these boots by chance? I have been using the 980's for the past 3 years and they have been fantastic, but now they have what looks like an updated version with a different outsole and full rubber rand. Has anyone tried the new 981's or checked them out? I don't typically try to fix something that ain't broke, but the Wasatch boots look pretty sweet. Thanks!
zam1.JPGzam2.JPG

BadEarth

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used the 980s for three years now, and have loved them. But with them getting wore out I did order the wasatch a few weeks back. The 980s were a little tight at the front, and going down steep stuff my toes got beat up bad so I went up 1/2 size with the wasatch and they were too big on me 🤔 I thought the lasts were the same so I don’t know what changed But I should have stuck to the same size as the 981s and they would have been great. They did seem to make the toe box bigger on the wasatch. I returned them and haven’t tried a smaller size yet. But the boots looked and felt great. Lighter and a little stiffer than the 981s, and the sole is nice and thick. I don’t think you’d be disappointed giving them a shot!

Bluesky

FNG
I just bought a pair of zam 980s. Living in south texas, trying to break them in for a CO hunt. Any suggestions? I dont have any hills to climb...

Sent from my SM-T295 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I just bought a pair of zam 980s. Living in south texas, trying to break them in for a CO hunt. Any suggestions? I dont have any hills to climb...

Stairs. Lots of stairs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR

This will make people look weird at you, but walk in the ditch along the road and snake from the bottom to the top. It really builds the ankle from sidehilling, and you get enough uphill to break the boots in. One of the best options that I have found in flat land. Stairs are good too, but they are also level.

Jeremy

Bluesky

FNG
Haha, that's a good idea! Nothing more weird than me tromping down the soft sand at the beach with my new boots and camo backpack on... good thing its a texas beach, the more camo the better! Haha

980's are my go to. I got a pair of 966s thinking I'd like the shorter tops for archery season. They feel great everywhere but the back of my heel where they give me blisters in short order even after my feet were toughened well into season.

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of 966s as I like the shorter height and really like them. Tried on a pair of 980s and 981s as well and the fit felt the same to me just a taller boot.