Zamberlan Boot Recommendations

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Their discontinued 7" Dakota's have been the best boots I've ever used for hunting. I'm in the process of researching and seeking another pair of their boots for archery elk season. I've narrowed it down to their 960 Guide, Lynx, and Leopard. I sent them an email asking what would be the best equivalent of the Dakota and they said any of those boots would work great for archery season, but the 960 Guides with the rand would be closest. I'll probably try all three of them. But she did say that they were coming out with an updated Lynx soon, so I'll wait and see what those look like. I've had my Dakota's since 2013, and had some Vioz something or others before that but the Vioz were super stiff and heavy compared to the Dakota's. Fantastic heel cup, but heavy.

OP
NomadHunter603

NomadHunter603

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at the guides. Where can you go and try those on? I’m on the east coast and I think that makes finding some of this stuff more difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently have the 1014 Lynx Mid, and the 980 Outfitter. These boots both use the ZBPK last which fits my foot very well. I like both boots, the Lynx feels slightly better to me and is my favorite boot I've ever owned. My only wish is that it had a rubber rand, which is why I picked up the 980 to try.

I have also tried the Hunter. It has the ZWL last and didn't fit my foot well at all. I immediately returned them.

Overall I'm super happy with the Zamberlan quality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have given up on finding this type of boot locally. Now I will just order several pairs at once, walk in the in the house (like I would in the store) and return the ones I don't like. If you look around you can find places with free returns.
I was looking at the guides. Where can you go and try those on? I’m on the east coast and I think that makes finding some of this stuff more difficult.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
NomadHunter603

NomadHunter603

Lil-Rokslider
Our local Sportsman's Warehouse carries Zamberlan boots, but they never seem have my size (13). So I'll just buy a couple pair online and go from there.

No Sportsman’s Warehouse near me, but I think I’ll do that, buy a couple of pairs online, try them on around the house and go from there.

Trial153

WKR
Zamberlans just flat out work for my feet. I have more then I can wear at this point.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Zamberlans just flat out work for my feet. I have more then I can wear at this point.

Of all the gear that I have, I would say that most of that is under control. But I would have to say that I am a boot junky. Kind of odd too because my feet aren't all that particular......although they do love the Superfeet Orange insoles. I have those in every pair of boots I have. In the last 10 years I've used Lowa Tibets, Meindl's, Crispi, Kenetrek's x 2, and three different Zamberlans. I still have and use the two pair of Zamberlans and the Crispi's.....sold the rest.

Zam Outfitter 980's have been my go to for the last several seasons for october and beyond. They required less break in time and have been mroe comfortable for me than lowa, kens, schnees and meindl. Very normal, regualr feet with high arches here.... D width.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've found that the ZBPK last fits my feet the best as well. My next boot will be the 961 leather lined non gtx version from them. I've had Crossers, have Yerens and 980 Guides, and had 960s that I bought the wrong size in lol. Will probably end up with 960s and 961s. Been waiting on a LL version of the 960s for a while.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk