Zamberlan boot sizing

Going off their size chart I'd be ordering a full 1-1 1/2 sizes smaller than my normal size.
What's your experience with their sizing?

ericF

WKR
Yeh, I don't think I would trust their sizing without trying them on. Based on their sizing I could have worn an 11 1/2, but they were too short and the 12's fit great which is also my street shoe. Ended up going with kenetreks, but those new 981s look very interesting.

bassin_rob

Lil-Rokslider
I would stick to your true size. I wear a 12 in pretty much everything. I bought my Zamberlan 980’s in a 11.5 to start. Wore em for a season with a lot of toe box issues. I could walk up hill all day but as soon as I went down hill the tops and ends of my toes would get destroyed. Couldn’t take it anymore so bought a 12 about a month ago and they fit like a dream.

Mosby

WKR
My Zamberlans are true to size. A bit wider than my Lowa's which I like. They are my cold weather boot, so I prefer a bit extra room in the foot box.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Just got done trying on a pile of different brands and models and Zamberlan seem true to size.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I have bought 4 pairs that could think of recently of the top of my head and they all been true to size. I wear size 10 regular with and order size 44H

Sevobuck

Lil-Rokslider
The 2092 is true to size (IMO). Zamberlan’s is great because you can order a few different sizes to try and they will pay for the shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else before I order?
Caping101 what did you end up doing?

I wear 12 in everything, have for last 12 years. I measured many times/ways and got 11". Zamberlan says order US 10.

I emailed and got same response. I'm having a hard time believing I should order 10s.

I wear 12 in everything, have for last 12 years. I measured many times/ways and got 11". Zamberlan says order US 10.

I emailed and got same response. I'm having a hard time believing I should order 10s.

Seems pretty unanimous to order true to size. I will echo that based on experience with two pairs of 980s.

I ordered a pair of 966s today actually.

Edit: Based off your measured foot length, it seems you just like to wear shoes that are a bit roomier or you have wide feed and need bigger sizes to work. 12's should fit consistently with what "true" size 12 is.

this thread made me look into sizing of my boots a bit more - I usually order European boots based on EU sizes. Zamberlan's size chart on their site lists 45 as US 10.5, this does not align with my 2 pairs of 980s. 1 pair is EU 45, US 11, one pair is EU 45.5, US 11.5. Don't let this confuse you, I'd still order based on "true" sizing keeping in mind that you want some room to avoid losing toenails in your mountain boots.

Last edited:
OP
C

I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to deal with this. I'll be ordering in a couple weeks and I'll be sure to report back.

OP
C
I finally got around to ordering a pair of Smilodons in size 10. I wear a 10 in most shoes and 10.5 sometimes and these 10 are definitely too long for me.
I have a pair of 9.5's in route to try next.

OP
C
Received the 9.5's and they are much closer to a 10. They just maybe a tad longer than a 10 but these are the winners. I think you have to look at the Euro size when ordering. These are a Euro 44 which using most conversion charts put a US 10 as a Euro 43-44. My Crispi 10's are a Euro 43.
Hope this helps.