Zamberlan fitment mega thread

Autumn

FNG
Alright, new to the forum and there's a ton of information in here. I've spent hours reading through all the rokslide threads on fitment, however I cannot seem to find specific answers to the following boot. Looking at a pair of Zamberlan Vioz GTX and the fitment seems to be all over the place depending on who you ask. Some say true to fit, Zams website says they run long, order half size down, some order a larger size.

My feet are 10.5" long and about 4.2" wide.
Friends feet are 10 7/8" long and 4" wide. Said he can't fit a thick pair of socks while wearing his pair of Vioz. He has a size 10 US.

All of my Italian made motorcycle boots are size 11
Most shoes are between 10.5 and 11
Dakota work boots are 10EE, nice fit.
Gronell boots are 10.5 US

According to Zams website, I would fit a US 8.5 (42.5 EU)

I had ordered a pair of their 960 Guides in a 10.5 US (45 EU), they were too big and I believe I made a dyslexic mistake while ordering. Anyone have experience between either or both of these two models?

Thanks for any help, ordering boots online is risky business. I have narrowed it down to either a 43.5 EU wide, or a 44 wide and wanted to take one more shot at figuring out this riddle.

Last edited:
OP
Autumn

Autumn

FNG
Well, pulled the trigger on a pair of wide 9.5 US (EU44) due to upcoming adventures and a shrinking window of opportunity. I'll update when they arrive in a few days.

Huntfun

FNG
Autumn I have several pr of Zams and I order them true to my size which is 9.5 US or 44 in Zam sizing. With very few exceptions in some brands I order 10. Love my 960s Guide and 980 Outfitter in 9.5. Never tried Vioz GTX.

I have decided to get a pr of Sheep feet custom insoles to see if I can improve on already good fit and foot comfort. I do not care for insoles that come with most shoes/boots. I sometimes deal with heel issues and good insoles solves it.

ZDR

WKR
I have to go up a half or 1 full size for Asolo & Lowa boots. Zam and Scarpa fit true to size for me.

I have the 1013 GTX. I think it's the same as what you had ordered just different color. I was able to try on what you ordered (960 guides) at an REI store to determine my size. I was actually there trying all kinds of different boots, found the Zamberlan's were best suited to my feet. I have also ordered whatever the Zamberlan is with the boa system, everything has been the same size from boot to boot that I have had. They seem true to size for me except I normally wear a wide, in the Zamberlan I just wear regular.

My feet measure really close to your friends within 1/16 or so little shorter and a little wider, I'm wearing a 45 euro, or 10H US.

Screenshot_20200929-093043.png

According to this I'm sized up from the dimensions they list.

I missed that you already ordered, hope they worked for you. My 1013's took a good 40+ miles to break in, hope that doesn't leave you in a bind.

Last edited:
I have 2 pairs of the GTX’s, size 9 and size 9.5. I normally wear a size 9 in everything I own. My first original pair was a size 9. The size 9 fits perfectly with non-insulated thin to avg weight hiking socks +/- a liner sock. If I upgrade to a heavier weight sock, I have to move to the 9.5.

OP
Autumn

Autumn

FNG
Thanks for all the feedback, hopefully this will help others facing the same predicament. Boots arrived and they passed the first test of wearing around the house while dehydrating food. Lots of standing in one place which they're not designed for, though my feet didn't hurt. Went out a few days later for a good hike, about 5.5 miles with half the distance spent climbing. Other than adjusting the laces a few times, I'm very happy with the fit and even more impressed with the performance. Mud, rock, wet leaves, water - handled everything comfortably. They're now slightly broken in, and the upcoming 45 mile hike will complete the process.

1/2 size smaller than regular US boot size. There we have it.

Thanks again for the info, it will come in handy for the next boot purchase.

Poser

WKR
I have a pair of 960s, same size I wear in all foot wear including snowboard boots: 13.
I’d say they run a just tiny bit short, favor a narrow foot profile and have a “tight” toe box. I have a narrow foot profile with big, fat toes.