Zamberlan Sawtooth

Just purchased a pair of these. Appears they are a cabelas/bass pro exclusive boot. 60 day-no questions return policy, then store credit up to 90 days. Very comfortable and great fit. Hope to give them some time in the woods for the last week of PA Muzzleloader to really test them out. (spoke to a rep see below) I can't get any information on this boot. It's not on their site either. Thus, my post. I know it's an insulated/thermal boot and I think it is roughly comparable to about 500g thinsulate. It has Gore-tex's insulation/waterproofing membrane. I believe that other European boots use something like this as well. Any info/specifics about the insulation and the boot in general would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

pirogue

WKR
I don’t think there are very many, if any, companies you can call and talk to in these days of the China virus. I haven’t found the patience to hold to see if anyone will ever answer.

OP
M
Hoffman answers first try, will be adding a double insulated pac soon. Very refreshing to actually talk to someone when you call.
Just would like to know some details regarding the Sawtooth. Thanks

OP
M
I spoke to someone at Zamberlan today, was able to get through right away, had a great conversation.
The gentleman said that the Sawtooth is their premier hunting boot. Exclusive through Bass Pro/Cabelas. It has the 980 upper and the 981 Wasatch outsole "startrack II"
The insulation/waterproofing is Gore-tex and is equivalent to ~425g of thinsulate.
The rubber band does go the entire way around the boot where it meets the outsole, which is slightly different from the 980.
Very impressed with the boot and wanted to share my findings.

setch

WKR
How's the fit for you, relative to say Miendle or other euro boots?

Has anyone been using these and can speak to long-term fit or wear?

OP
M
I wear a 13 in the Miendle Uninsulated, I decided to go with a 14 in these. They are a 49 Euro and the 13s are a 48 Euro, so probably closer to a 13.5 in my opinion. They lace up really well and I wanted a little extra room in the toe box for thick socks and hopefully warm toes.

OP
M
Initial impression...love them. Lotta room in the toe box. Very comfortable, not as stiff as I was expecting. Perfect in my opinion

sneaky

"DADDY"
So no one running these boots?
They're a new boot from them. Not going to be a ton of input especially since you can only either purchase from Zamberlan directly or BP/Cabelas. Lots of people have given up on BP/Cabelas so that's limiting things as well. It's their ZBPK WL which is just the wide last version of their most popular last, the ZBPK. Essentially an insulated version of their other uninsulated models. Plenty of info out there on the 980s and 981s, this is a hybrid with insulation. I'll probably never have these because I have a narrow foot and side hilling with a wide boot would not be good for me. I do have 980s and 966s and have owned 960s in the past and their lightweight hikers that they've since discontinued. All built on the ZBPK last. Great boots, all of them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I picked some up last fall with card points to help soften the blow, so far happy with the boot. The boot is my first pair above Danner price point, but Zamberlains fit better than Kentrek so went with them. You can feel the insulation, I would have guessed higher than 425g.

LBuchser

WKR
I have the Zamberlan 1101 (UK Version called Highland Pro) they look almost identical to the Sawtooth except the Sawtooth is a lighter color and obviously insulated, but the rest seems the same and I love mine. I think im going to spring for the Sawtooths and get a half size larger than usual.

Here is a pic of my 1101's. You can see how closely they are built:

Screenshot_20200813-153651_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine last week. For reference I currently have Crispi Wild Rock plus, Kenetrek extreme 400s, and Crispi idaho's 2s. Sizing is exactly the same as those boots. True to size unlike other Zamberlains. But I don't like the fit. I immediately noticed the wide last on my d width foot. My heel feels sloppy. Even with my burly Buffalo co trekker socks these still feel sloppy

LBuchser

WKR
I got mine last week. For reference I currently have Crispi Wild Rock plus, Kenetrek extreme 400s, and Crispi idaho's 2s. Sizing is exactly the same as those boots. True to size unlike other Zamberlains. But I don't like the fit. I immediately noticed the wide last on my d width foot. My heel feels sloppy. Even with my burly Buffalo co trekker socks these still feel sloppy
Why did you go with the Sawtooth if you already had Crispi Wild Rock Plus'? Are you going to send the Sawtooths back?