Zamberland boots.

CHO

FNG
7abee68d01a3cc9f86e1dd25e509e66b.jpg

Anyone have any experience wearing the Zamberland 980 GTX RR boot? I am in the market for some new boots and can get a deal on these boots. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahlgringo

WKR
Yeah- I have a pair of these- got em on STP when they had em a while back. Only used them last season so cant comment on durability yet- but man- super comfortable, tough boot. Retired my tibets

OP
CHO

CHO

FNG
Yeah- I have a pair of these- got em on STP when they had em a while back. Only used them last season so cant comment on durability yet- but man- super comfortable, tough boot. Retired my tibets

Thank you for the reply. I was also looking at the crispi Nevada boots. I tried on the zamberlands and they were extremely comfortable.

AlaskaEd

WKR
I have the 960 version with the shorter ankle and love them. Extremely comfortable, possibly the most comfortable hiking boot I've ever had. So much so that I use them as an everyday boot. Prior to these I have used several Asolos and had a pair of terrible Danner Mountain Hikers.

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
I've put a ton of miles in mine and I really like them. Real comfortable and super supportive. For some situations I think they can be a little bit of an overkill, but when I needed them I was sure glad I had them.

I have the 960s and I'm still in the break in period. No major hot spots but they are damn stiff. They are really, really well made boots.

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider
I've worn 960's the past two seasons and loved them, with proper maintenance they're still holding up great. I actually just bought a second pair a half size up so I can wear heavy wool socks for winter and not buy a pair of insulated boots. Excited to get them broke in and see if they work as well as my other pair? I can speak for durability, now is the boot actually good for you??? Make sure you go to REI/Sportsmans and try them on. I personally had to put an additional half insole under my heel to help slippage, just personal preference.

OP
CHO

CHO

FNG
Thanks everyone for your input!

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty sure that is the model I have. 2 seasons them. Wider last than most Zamberlans and insulated. Bought sized for liner and heavy socks and toe warmers (my old ankles don't like packs all that well ).

Echo sentiments above. I have Crispi Nevadas and Lowa tibets and the zamberlans are stiffest. Great boot and only fault is I am not a big fan of the tread style YMMV.

If you have already bought a pair you will be happy if they fit your foot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dinger

WKR
Had them for the last 2 season and going now into a 3rd and love them....they fit my foot very well. Good sized heel box and just the right width to stop my foot moving around. No hot spots, wear issues or leakage yet.

I've use mine in NZ and Australian High Country. Enough flexibility to walk on the flat comfortably and stiff enough for the steep stuff. Though if I was hunting exclusively in steep and technical terrain I would prefer my Pamir's.

Cheers,

Dinger

nrh6.7

WKR
Pretty sure that is the model I have. 2 seasons them. Wider last than most Zamberlans and insulated. Bought sized for liner and heavy socks and toe warmers (my old ankles don't like packs all that well ).

Echo sentiments above. I have Crispi Nevadas and Lowa tibets and the zamberlans are stiffest. Great boot and only fault is I am not a big fan of the tread style YMMV.

If you have already bought a pair you will be happy if they fit your foot.

I believe these utilize Zamberlan's "Technical" last, which is a more precise fit, not wider. Also, don't think they come with any insulation.

However, Zamberlan does offer 6-7 boots in "wide" widths.

BTW, these 980's will be my next pair of boots.

OP
CHO

CHO

FNG
Awesome info guys...I haven't got them yet I was just wanting to hear from people's experience. I hunt in Idaho a lot of steep terrain. I had a pair of Cabelas outfitter boots but I am ready for a high end boot.

nrh6.7

WKR
Awesome info guys...I haven't got them yet I was just wanting to hear from people's experience. I hunt in Idaho a lot of steep terrain. I had a pair of Cabelas outfitter boots but I am ready for a high end boot.

Well, I can tell you this. If Zamberlans fit your foot, you will not be dissappointed in their quality or comfort. I bought my first pair of Zams 3 years ago and have since bought 4 more pairs. Each pair has the same build quality...awesome!

OP
CHO

CHO

FNG
Well, I can tell you this. If Zamberlans fit your foot, you will not be dissappointed in their quality or comfort. I bought my first pair of Zams 3 years ago and have since bought 4 more pairs. Each pair has the same build quality...awesome!

Went to sportsmans and tried them on. They fit my foot perfect! Will definitely get them.

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone is interested, I have a pair of brand new (in box) 960s that I'm selling, size 10.5. $210 to your door. Pm me for pictures.

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
I believe these utilize Zamberlan's "Technical" last, which is a more precise fit, not wider. Also, don't think they come with any insulation.

However, Zamberlan does offer 6-7 boots in "wide" widths.

BTW, these 980's will be my next pair of boots.
Mine are several years old and may be an older discontinued model. They sure look very similar to photo. I did not see a model number on mine and they are definitely insulated. They are wider than zamberlan vioz ( I think they now make a wide last version of vioz also)in same size. I seem to remember the specs saying wide last when I ordered themu.

Anyhow, they are nice boots and the build quality is probably better than my Lowas.

OP
CHO

CHO

FNG
Mine are several years old and may be an older discontinued model. They sure look very similar to photo. I did not see a model number on mine and they are definitely insulated. They are wider than zamberlan vioz ( I think they now make a wide last version of vioz also)in same size. I seem to remember the specs saying wide last when I ordered themu.

Anyhow, they are nice boots and the build quality is probably better than my Lowas.

Awesome thank you.