Zebralight headlamp

Chad44

Lil-Rokslider
I've been shopping for a new headlamp and came across the zebralight. They look awesome. I'm curious what you guys think of them? I'm torn between the H51 and the H600. I'm leaning toward the 51 because it takes a single AA battery verse the 600 taking a single 18650 battery. My GPS runs on AA. The brightness looks insane on the 600 though (750 lm) don't think I'd ever need that much. Also wondering about the different lens options. They make a frosted flood option or a white light or regular I guess. I don't know which option is best for hunting. Also wonder how the run time stacks up to what they have posted.
Hopefully someone has one of these and can help. Thanks
Chad

mtnkid85

WKR
I run the H600 currently. Very happy with it, I like the 18650 battery format. However if your trying to stay with the same batteries then of course the H51 is your light.

I know alot of guys really like the frosted lens, but I really feel for a all around lamp that is getting used out side having some amount of throw is very important. Say when you come to a clearing at night and need to see where the trail disappears off to. So I say the regular H600 over the H600f.
My brother has the H600w neutral white. It gives off a much warmer light color, closer to what a incadesecent does. Supposedly it offers better color rendetion? I dont know, the regular H600 doesnt bother me. It is a clean white, not blue. So go either way you want for that option.

Some guys complain that the H600 is too heavy and bounces on the factory headband. While I do agree that the headband is pathetic, simply rerouting the band to double through the rubber holder secures it down just fine. If they would have used a heavier elastic band in the first place than this would have been a nonissue.

Battery life is excellent and true to what is published. Ive used the H600 for several ALL night trips, as in I was on Med, low and High for 10hrs at a time. I use the 750lm High sparingly though. Ive also used it for ~12hr caving trips again with a variety of modes being used. I still carry an extra battery if I think Ill be using the light extensively. And I run good batteries in them, the AW 3100ah. Dont count on the cheap china batteries to be your only batt.

Get one, you shouldnt be disappointed.

slim9300

WKR
Here is the thread that turned me onto the zebralight I now have one and it sure is bright. I think I got the 51 but would have to double check to be sure.

I really haven't used it yet so I can give ya much feedback but the flood seems like daylight in my backyard.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4558

Yep. My posts in that thread say it all for me. I would suggest the 502c (Zebralight's brightest and most advanced AA offering) and the H600w for those that want the brightest headlamp on the planet. I take both with me on my backpacking trips.

Don't forget to mod your headband and you will have the most comfortable option out there.

u2esu7ys.jpg

namege5y.jpg

trk3263

WKR
I just checked and I actually have the H502 cool white model GITD. I will be using it on a gear test trip next week so I will know more soon.

What's the comfort mod you talked about? Is there a thread? From your pictures I am thinking it is just lacing the head strap through the holder?

slim9300

WKR
I just checked and I actually have the H502 cool white model GITD. I will be using it on a gear test trip next week so I will know more soon.

What's the comfort mod you talked about? Is there a thread? From your pictures I am thinking it is just lacing the head strap through the holder?

Yep. Copy the pictures above. It may be a little tough, but you will get it.

OP
C

Chad44

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. My posts in that thread say it all for me. I would suggest the 502c (Zebralight's brightest and most advanced AA offering) and the H600w for those that want the brightest headlamp on the planet. I take both with me on my backpacking trips.

Don't forget to mod your headband and you will have the most comfortable option out there.

u2esu7ys.jpg

namege5y.jpg

So the 502c is the brightest in AA? I may be reading it wrong but I thought the plain 502 put out more lumens. Not sure though.

Flatbow

Lil-Rokslider
not familiar with the Zebralight but field dressed a Dall sheep in the dark last year with a single AA Fenix headlamp. Was really impressed and very light....

trk3263

WKR
Light Output
  • High: H1 260 Lm (0.9 hrs) or H2 160 Lm (1.9 hrs) / 100 Lm (3.3 hrs) / 4Hz Strobe
  • Medium: M1 50 Lm (7.5 hrs) or M2 25 Lm (12 hrs) / 12 Lm (27 hrs)
  • Low: L1 2.7 Lm (4 days) or L2 0.34 Lm (3 weeks) / 0.06 Lm (2 months) / 0.01 Lm (3 months)
  • Light output are ANSI out the front (OTF) values. Runtime tests are done using Sanyo 2000mAh Eneloop AA batteries.

502c
Light Output
  • High: H1 142 Lm (0.9 hrs) or H2 94 Lm (1.9 hrs) / 62 Lm (3.3 hrs) / 4Hz Strobe
  • Medium: M1 36 Lm (7.5 hrs) or M2 18 Lm (12 hrs) / 9 Lm (27 hrs)
  • Low: L1 1.8 Lm (4 days) or L2 0.34 Lm (2.8 weeks) / 0.06 Lm (1.8 months) / 0.01 Lm (2.8 months)

slim9300

WKR
So the 502c is the brightest in AA? I may be reading it wrong but I thought the plain 502 put out more lumens. Not sure though.

I meant the 502 series in general is the brightest AA offering.

The 502c is going to produce more usable light in the woods and allow you to see better color contrast (due to it being more natural colored light), where as the 502 will be noticeably more bright in say a white room. I have used both and the difference is obvious in the field.

Hey Slim, in the other thread linked above you said you were waiting on the H602c to come out. I cant find any info on that light. Got any details? 18650 or AA?

slim9300

WKR
Hey Slim, in the other thread linked above you said you were waiting on the H602c to come out. I cant find any info on that light. Got any details? 18650 or AA?

It's the 18650 battery offspring of the 502c (which makes it WAY brighter). This is basically a flood type light that is far superior to the H600 floody. I'm not sure why Zebralight hasn't publicly announced its release yet?