Zeiss 15x56 Conquest HD review/thread

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be starting the 15x56 HD review and thread here right now. Some pics coming. Headed out to do some long range whitetail recon tonight. Fire with questions or if you want to see specifics.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
8e38cbd082f129f51665ea3ef8fa7076.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yipee! Another 15x offering. Back in the day, Zeiss was the ones that put 15’s on the map. I’ll be following this thread. Do you know the retail on those?

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yipee! Another 15x offering. Back in the day, Zeiss was the ones that put 15’s on the map. I’ll be following this thread. Do you know the retail on those?

$1600 retail.

Enroute to start some scouting now.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
No real direct comparison. Although I do have some options I could use.

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
Interested to see your thoughts on these. I have been running them for about a year and have found that I love them in low light but my eyes do get a little buggy with them in midday.

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
Very curious! - I am looking at getting into a set up 15's and debating between the Zeiss and SLC's. If Zeiss pan out to be comparable would be great at that cost compared to SLC.

codym

WKR
I'm interested as well. Currently agonizing on a two bino system for coues deer, a set or 10x42's for my chest and elk hunting then a set of 15's on a tripod or just going with the 12x50 el's for everything. My only concern is the 12's for off hand glassing. Any way these ziess, the slc HD's, and the meopta HD 15's are all on my 15x short list. Very interested in your opinions.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I had a friend that carry 12 X Swaro for everything. He had a genetic eye disease so he had impaired vision is why he went that way. However the few times I use them handheld, I just did not like them. Too shaky. Now remember I’m in 7 to 8X guy too, so that’s a big jump

codym

WKR
I had a friend that carry 12 X Swaro for everything. He had a genetic eye disease so he had impaired vision is why he went that way. However the few times I use them handheld, I just did not like them. Too shaky. Now remember I’m in 7 to 8X guy too, so that’s a big jump

Thanks for that info. I imagine that being a problem, sometimes I have trouble holding my 10x42's steady especially after a little elevation gain. Also think the 12's maybe a little overkill for archery elk where I hunt.

I'm interested as well. Currently agonizing on a two bino system for coues deer, a set or 10x42's for my chest and elk hunting then a set of 15's on a tripod or just going with the 12x50 el's for everything. My only concern is the 12's for off hand glassing. Any way these ziess, the slc HD's, and the meopta HD 15's are all on my 15x short list. Very interested in your opinions.

I looked through the meopta vs conquests 15x quite a bit. The meopta to my eyes were sharper and easier to look through. But the Zeiss are pretty good still. This year I switched to EL 12 and they are the ultimate western hunting bino. I think free hand glassing is kind of a waste of time anyway so I put them on a tripod 99% of the time but they are fine for quick free handing. Even against the 15x swaro I still prefer the EL even though I think you really can’t go wrong choosing between those two.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I looked through the meopta vs conquests 15x quite a bit. The meopta to my eyes were sharper and easier to look through. But the Zeiss are pretty good still. This year I switched to EL 12 and they are the ultimate western hunting bino. I think free hand glassing is kind of a waste of time anyway so I put them on a tripod 99% of the time but they are fine for quick free handing. Even against the 15x swaro I still prefer the EL even though I think you really can’t go wrong choosing between those two.

I would agree with that, once you put those 12s on a tripod, they are awesome. I lean towards the 15 just for long distance but those 12s on a tripod were like watching a movie in HD

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
How’s it going out there Les? (I think he’s off-grid right now but I’m so curious about these.)

Can you share your tripod and head choice?

I just bought a pair of 15x56 and looking at tripod/head combinations right now. Thanks!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slik Tripod and Benro head. Awesome setup. Worked great. I’ll have that in the review here after season as well.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Slik 624 with Manfrotto for me have been good for the big binos

prm

WKR
Any updates on the 15s? I used some Swaro 8x30 CLs and really like them for most of what I do. The area I was hunting this year did lend itself to much longer range glassing and some more Xs would have been useful. I’m debating some 15s solely for long range glassing. They’ll go back in the pack once I’m up and moving.