Zeiss Conquest 10x42 vs Nikon Monarch 7

I just ordered my first European glass by ordering the Zeiss Conquest 10x42 binoculars. I’ve used the Nikon Monarch 7 8x42 for a couple years now.

Anyone got reviews on the Conquest binos and how do they compare to the Monarch 7s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO2130

WKR
I’d say the conquests are a good step above the monarch 7’s. I’m looking to upgrade my conquests currently though. Maybe it’s just my eyes but I believe you will find that they are constantly needing focused. Most higher end binos I’ve used you can transition a few hundred yards before needing to refocus, where these it’s truly every 20-30 yards in distance that I have to refocus. Just gets annoying and makes things less steady on a tripod, and overall I’d rather be focused on looking rather than trying to focus them. Other than that they’ve been good to me. Good ergonomics, good weight, decent field of view, pretty good low light performance, and quality build. Of course all of that is relative to the price point as well, and just my opinion/experience.

mproberts

WKR
Maybe it’s just my eyes but I believe you will find that they are constantly needing focused. Most higher end binos I’ve used you can transition a few hundred yards before needing to refocus, where these it’s truly every 20-30 yards in distance that I have to refocus.

Did your diopter get bumped? or have you really dialed it in? Because I've never had that issue with Conquests, but I will say the locking diopter on the Swaros is definitely a nicer feature.

Also to answer the OPs question.. I would agree the Conquests are noticeably better than monarch 7s

CO2130

WKR
Did your diopter get bumped? or have you really dialed it in? Because I've never had that issue with Conquests, but I will say the locking diopter on the Swaros is definitely a nicer feature.

Also to answer the OPs question.. I would agree the Conquests are noticeably better than monarch 7s

It hasn’t been bumped, and I have them very dialed in for my eye. Like I said in my post though, I truly think this is a personal issue because no one else I see has the issue and my eyes are always super picky and a good amount off from others.

Q child

WKR
Congrats.
In my opinion the Conquests are clearly nicer that the Monarch 7s. I stepped from Monarch 7s to Conquests, and the improvements were immediately obvious to me.