Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32 - best all around binocular?

I'm going to fall on my sword here after owning 30+ binoculars in the 300-1500 range, I'm ready to finally declare the 8x32 Zeiss Conquest HD my winner. Best all-around binocular I can find, period.

Perfect size and weight. Tripod adaptable without tricks. Outstanding light gathering and resolving power as good as anything I have ever used, at any price. It's no wonder the bird nerds go crazy about their 8x32 Conquest HD's.

I would say I wish I had found these years ago, but it took me an around-the-world search of everything else to appreciate what these bins bring to the table. What a joy they are to own and use.

If you haven't tried a pair, put them on your short list of must-try binoculars.

If I lost mine tomorrow and you gave me $4K to spend, I'd go straight out and buy another pair of 8x32 Conquest HD's. They really are that good.

JGRaider

WKR
I've had about that many binos too of al price ranges. My biggest gripe with the Conqeust HD's is the super fast focus and inferior eye relief (for me anyway). At least Zeiss did something about the eye relief by making longer eyecups available to Conquest owners for free to solve this problem. I've yet to find he perfect 8x32, and I've owned the SV, Meostar, Conquest, Mojave, and Viper HD.

I mostly agree with you...but I ended up with the maven b3 8x30. The conquests were optically a little bit better with contrast and overall image...but resolution was a wash for me and the mavens were much lighter and smaller. And cheaper. Weight and size were a higher priority for me and I couldn’t be happier with my decision after having them close to a year now as my do-all bino.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
I've learned all you need to do on this forum to get dissenting opinions is to suggest you like something. LOL :D

For my very large hands, anything smaller than the 8x32 Conquests just get lost. I've seen the Maven B3's and they are okay, but not great. I put them in the same class as the Nikon Monarch 7's and suspect they are made at the same facility and might even be the same binocular as the Monarch 7's.
The Conquest 8x32's are in another class than the B3's and Monarch 7's and even the Monarch HG's IMO. But of course, everyone's eyes are different.

ChrisAU, the BX-4 Pro Guides are a "best buy" in my book. Outstanding binoculars indeed. But the Conquests are 2x the price and have a field of view and brightness that the BX-4's can't really compete with. But that takes nothing away from the BX-4's though. I also like the size and weight of the Conquests better.

Again, for an "all around" binocular, I've found nothing better. If a person only carries one pair, these should be on their short list of bins to try.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
I've had about that many binos too of al price ranges. My biggest gripe with the Conqeust HD's is the super fast focus and inferior eye relief (for me anyway). At least Zeiss did something about the eye relief by making longer eyecups available to Conquest owners for free to solve this problem. I've yet to find he perfect 8x32, and I've owned the SV, Meostar, Conquest, Mojave, and Viper HD.
JGRaider, the fast focus is something I actually like about the Conquests, so I guess that's just a personal preference thing. If I had my druthers, every binocular I own would have the same buttery smooth and well damped focus wheel that my modest little 8x32 Bushnell Legends have. It's almost too good to be true. But if I can't have that, the snappy Conquest focus is my 2nd favorite. Especially when I'm birdwatching and I am going from a phoebe 15' away to a hawk on the horizon, and back.

NoWiser

WKR
How's the blackout issue? That was literally my only complaint about the Conquest 10x42s. I always thought that if the 8x32s didn't have that problem, they could be the best all-around binos.

tdhanses

WKR
I’ve had the 8x32 and 10x42 conquest HD’s, plus many others before and after. I will say I feel the 8x32 in the conquest hd line is their best offering, it’s just really good. That said I still sold it and it isn’t missed.

OP
Newtosavage
How's the blackout issue? That was literally my only complaint about the Conquest 10x42s. I always thought that if the 8x32s didn't have that problem, they could be the best all-around binos.
Better than the 10x42's for sure. I am still planning to have Zeiss send me the extended eyecups (I got them for my 10x42's and 8x42's and they helped) but the blackout problem isn't nearly as bad with these 8x32's, so it's not been a real priority for me. I used them for hours yesterday morning, birding in some tough lighting conditions, and never noticed kidney beans or blackouts. When I tripod mount them, I'll turn the eyecups down anyway (I prefer to do this so my eyebrows/eyelids don't touch the binocular and make it move) so it's not a problem when I'm glassing.

OP
Newtosavage
I’ve had the 8x32 and 10x42 conquest HD’s, plus many others before and after. I will say I feel the 8x32 in the conquest hd line is their best offering, it’s just really good. That said I still sold it and it isn’t missed.
I found it was pretty common among the birding community to agree that the 8x32's are the best of all the Conquests, and IMO that's high praise. I know some birders who prefer the 8x32's even to true alpha 8x32's, and I now understand why. I had been eyeballing 8x32 Swaro EL's for some time, but not anymore.

kravguy

WKR
I'm going to fall on my sword here after owning 30+ binoculars in the 300-1500 range, I'm ready to finally declare the 8x32 Zeiss Conquest HD my winner. Best all-around binocular I can find, period.

Perfect size and weight. Tripod adaptable without tricks. Outstanding light gathering and resolving power as good as anything I have ever used, at any price. It's no wonder the bird nerds go crazy about their 8x32 Conquest HD's.

I would say I wish I had found these years ago, but it took me an around-the-world search of everything else to appreciate what these bins bring to the table. What a joy they are to own and use.

If you haven't tried a pair, put them on your short list of must-try binoculars.

If I lost mine tomorrow and you gave me $4K to spend, I'd go straight out and buy another pair of 8x32 Conquest HD's. They really are that good.

I'm curious if you had ever tried the Zeiss Victory FL 8x32? And how they compared to the Conquests?

OP
Newtosavage
I'm curious if you had ever tried the Zeiss Victory FL 8x32? And how they compared to the Conquests?
No, but my good friend has a pair of Victory 10x32. I've looked through them, but not side-by-side with my 8x32 Conquests. No question they were nice. From memory, I would not pay the difference personally. I don't think my eyes can resolve any more detail than what the 8x32 Conquest HD delivers.

AD42

FNG
Does anybody have any experience with these (conquests 8x32) vs Trinovids?