Zeiss Conquest HD Binos vs Vortex DB/Vortex Viper Spotter

archp625

WKR
What you you rather have hunting mule deer in South Eastern Montana? A pair of 10 x 42 Zeiss Conquest HD binos or Vortex Diamondback 10 x 42's and a Viper 15-45 x 65 spotter. I have the latter now and I'm half tempted to sell the combo and get the Zeiss Binos and just run those alone on a tripod.

Tahoe1305

WKR
So obviously the Zeiss is going to be far superior to the diamondbacks but I personally don’t think they will replace a spotter all together, especially in Montana.

I would consider maybe saving an extra $200 and keeping the spotter and buying used or even attempting to find a good deal on a better used 65 spotter too.

Based on your assumed budget of $1000 I bet you can get real close to upgraded glass on both if you buy used. I bought a new razor 65 spotter on eBay a few months back for $580 shipped. Love it. Can get used Zeiss or something similar (Nikon HG, Razor HD, Meostar ) for $700 range.

I guess really just depends on how you hunt and which glass you plan to use more. If you can do without a spotter for your hunting Zeiss will be better than vortex.

Just my 2 cents.

2blade

WKR
For now, I'd buy the Zeiss. Throw the Diamondbacks under the front seat of my truck, seriously what are they worth used... 50 bucks? and hang on to the spotter while I saved a few more bucks for an upgrade. Then sell the spotter.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Any thoughts on carrying the 10x42 Conquest HD and a set of 18x Kaibabs?

This would be for BC Elk hunts primarily, some high alpine mule deer.

What you you rather have hunting mule deer in South Eastern Montana? A pair of 10 x 42 Zeiss Conquest HD binos or Vortex Diamondback 10 x 42's and a Viper 15-45 x 65 spotter. I have the latter now and I'm half tempted to sell the combo and get the Zeiss Binos and just run those alone on a tripod.
Still looking to sell binos/spotter?

Matt G.

WKR
Go with zeiss. can't hunt a critter you can't see. I picked some dbs but i could not use long before getting eye strain and then you don't want to use them. if you don't use them tou walk past or bump the deer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
archp625

archp625

WKR
Go with zeiss. can't hunt a critter you can't see. I picked some dbs but i could not use long before getting eye strain and then you don't want to use them. if you don't use them tou walk past or bump the deer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks everyone. I ended up giving selling the binos to my brother that is getting started hunting and bought a pair of 10 x 42 SLCs. Im going to hunt those and the viper spotting scope this year.

Personally I'd rather have the Conquest HD's. I rarely use my spotter because I'm not a trophy hunter. I can see what I need to see through a good quality pair of 10's on a tripod.