Zeiss conquest HD vs ultravid nonHD/HD vs SLC WB

CO2130

WKR
I’m looking at possibly pulling the trigger on some zeiss conquest hd’s. I also found some ultravid non hd, for quite a bit more though. Could anyone help compare the conquests and/or ultravid non hd to the ultravid hd and the older Swarovski slc wb? These are the main two higher end binos I have experience with so I’m curious what differences people notice. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHo

WKR
I’ve compared the Conquests with the SLCs in 10x42 at the store in the daytime the other day. The biggest differences that I saw were the Conquests have more CA and more field curvature (pincushion?) whereas the SLCs had a flatter view and close to no CA. I did not try them in low light.

OP
CO2130

CO2130

WKR
Thanks for the feedback PHo. I found a deal on the conquests that was kind of a take it or leave it price so I went ahead and took it. Hopefully I like them, still looking forward to what people have to say on this comparison!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHo

WKR
The Conquests are great binos. I can’t speak to their low light performance but based on what I saw in store the other day they are an excellent choice especially at their price. Enjoy them!

2blade

WKR
PHo is right, the slc controls chromattic abberation a lot better. The slc''s also have a larger center of view before you encounter edge distortion. I was comparing a set of Slc 8x42 wb's the other day to a set of 10x42 conquests at twilight, they are about the same. But that was viewing out my back window off hand at my favorite dead tree at 800 yards, not a resolution chart.