Zeiss Conquest HD's

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I got a set of these in a few days ago (10x42) and am pretty excited about them.

I didn't really like the old version that well, but the new design has fixed all the issues I had with them.

The biggest thing that jumped out at me was edge to edge clearness and ergonomics. I had a little CA with my older set, but again, Zeiss did a great job with the HD's.

Anyone else try these out yet?

kravguy

WKR
Nice to see a bit of a review on the new conquest. I am looking hard at these or Meopta's new HD version.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Dan and I are heading out for a 3 day backpacking trip in a few, but when we get back we'll have something written up.

The warranty is as good as it gets with these and for me that helps out with the purchase decision.

kravguy

WKR
Dan and I are heading out for a 3 day backpacking trip in a few, but when we get back we'll have something written up.

The warranty is as good as it gets with these and for me that helps out with the purchase decision.

Aron, I read through your optics comparison article in an elk magazine. You spoke pretty highly of the Meopta's at that time. I am curious to hear your thoughts on how you would rate the new Conquests to the Meopta's? Have you had a chance to check out the new Meoptas with HD glass?

Thanks
Paul

cmeier117

WKR
Could someone tell me for Zeiss's binoculars which are their top o' line ones and which are their entry level ones? I always get confused at the order of their optics? Aren't the new FL's the top o line ones?

cmeier117

WKR
Good to know and thanks BB and dotman. There are a lot to know on these optics. Can't wait for the review.

I can say this. first impression are good for the Conquest HD's. I looked through both pairs the night they came in. I am also interested in how well they perform at dawn and dusk when compared to the FL's.
Time will tell. It will be boots on the ground in a few hours!

-Dan

kravguy

WKR
He just posted a video on the video forum.

Thanks, I missed that. Any chance you can tell me what the verdict was? Good or Bad? I don't have a set of speakers on my work computer and I'm anxious to hear what he had to say.

I still can't stomach paying that much for binoculars yet but I appreciate the review. My Vortex binos are working for now.

kravguy

WKR
The verdict was very good, best bino he has looked thru in that price range. The FL only beat it out at last light and I mean with only mins of last light. Dan went ahead and ordered his up after looking thru them and the FL. I had mine ordered up a week ago and they will be here tomorrow.

Thanks. I appreciate that. Looks like I need to get my order in.

Dot- I will check and see if they have the thread adapters but i do not recall seeing this. I will check when I get home. On another note This adapter I believe will fit on the binos. Aron had one and it snapped right on IIRC. Check my link: http://shop.outdoorsmans.com/produc...E8E1E.qscstrfrnt06?productId=334&categoryId=2

The FL beat it out at last light but not by much! It was very close. I would say the FL just gathers light and brightens the picture some. Whereas the HD's remain a more natural look. The daylight you see with the naked eye is what you will see through the HD's. The daylight you see through the FL's is what you see plus some brightness.

Overall I believe i will be very happy with the purchase. I am fortunate enough to have looked through several sets of binos: Swaro SLC's, Vortex, Brunton Epoch Etc. Etc. The decision to order the Conquest HD's was an easy one.

~Dan

Last edited:
Let me check when i get home. Working second tonight so you might not here from me til tomorrow with the exact answer. They are 45mm but adjustable.