Zeiss Conquest v4 1-4x or Meopta Optika 1-6x?

With the Zeiss Conquest V4 1-4x24 going for $500 now, I’m thinking of getting one for a closer range/brush gun .308.
Been shopping around and that Meopta Optika 1-6x24 looks pretty good too, priced about the same and gets me some extra magnification.

Any thoughts on these?
Is there better options out there around the same price?
Looking for SFP, not too picky on reticles (for close range), though I’d like illuminated if possible.

260madman

WKR
I’ll have a Zeiss and another brand this week to compare. I have a couple of guns that are for closer work that needed optics. I drug my feet for a month and didn’t want to miss out on the sales.

260madman

WKR
With the Zeiss Conquest V4 1-4x24 going for $500 now, I’m thinking of getting one for a closer range/brush gun .308.
Been shopping around and that Meopta Optika 1-6x24 looks pretty good too, priced about the same and gets me some extra magnification.

Any thoughts on these?
Is there better options out there around the same price?
Looking for SFP, not too picky on reticles (for close range), though I’d like illuminated if possible.
What I’ve read about the Meopta I would skip it.

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll have a Zeiss and another brand this week to compare. I have a couple of guns that are for closer work that needed optics. I drug my feet for a month and didn’t want to miss out on the sales.
Did you ever get a chance to test the V4 1-4? Shamelessly resurrecting an old thread because I'd love to hear what you thought of the scope.

260madman

WKR
Haven’t shot them yet. I did get them mounted up. The glass and eye box on the Zeiss is significantly better than a Crimson Trace 1-5. I need to play with my Burris XTR II 1-5 and the Zeiss side by side to compare eye boxes. The glass is better in the Zeiss.